Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rocky Mountain Sparky i think you are missing a few numbers on your liscence nothing came up. Can you give me a link to your State department?
    https://secure.utah.gov/llv/llv
    My number is missing in action.
    Last edited by Polar Sparky 1224; 03-13-2006, 12:23 AM.
    "Diplomacy is saying nice dodging until you can find a rock." Will Rogers
    "If a Monkey can do your job, are you in the right profession?

Comment

http://www.dora.state.co.us/electrical/

That's the website. It's screwing up for me, not allowing me into the search area because of a "Data Encryption Error" message. I was going to give it a shot with a different browser.

I just double checked, I have my number right: *****.

I'd take a picture of the license in my wallet, but it's pretty well worn too!

edit to remove license number. I figure it's been up long enough.
      Last edited by Rocky Mountain Sparky; 03-12-2006, 09:24 PM.

Comment

Okay, here I am. Link removed by RMS 3/12/06

Internet Explorer had a hard time with the site. Netscape works, though.

Edit to add:
        BTW, nice to meet you, Jeff!

I forgot to address an issue:

As for 36 Volt look at the member list and you can find some of his posts. He came across as condescending and rude in his responses and made others a bit touchy as well as me.
        Let me say publicly, for the record, that with the exception of the occasional verbal abuse dished out to questionable characters such as the MD guy, and this "swoosh" character, I do not mean to insult people when I post.

I have benefitted greatly from internet forums, and I do not hold my knowledge or experience over anybody. Much of what I have learned has been from the kindness of people sharing information with me, and I look forward to sharing what little I know with a new community.

So if I say something that looks offensive: Look twice. It probably was not my intent. It seems as though several people are on their guard when they get here. Hopefully, as time goes on, we can all kick back with a cold one and relax!

I can't wait to show you guys my horrible plumbing work!

Edit to remove link. I figure it's been up long enough.
        Last edited by Rocky Mountain Sparky; 03-12-2006, 09:22 PM.

Comment

I've spend a few minutes reading through this thread and came across something that interested me (as well as several things that entertained and/or distressed me):

By Polar Sparky 1224:
          I have seen some so-called vibration bulbs. I think they were GE they cam with the fan i was installing
          There are several companies that offer "fan lights" that supposedly reduce burn-out due to excessive vibration of the filament. I've always stayed away from these assuming they were similar to standard bulbs repackaged with a higher price. Does anyone have any information on these bulbs?

Just a curious homeowner, not doing any wiring but not wanting to get ripped off by some marketing group.

Comment

TO cjh20: In regards to your question about the ceiling fan bulbs, Yes, I use these all the time with every ceiling fan I install. They fit inside the glass globes perfectly. They have a heavier duty filament. Plus they do seem to last longer due to they are vibration resistant. In my opinion they are worth the extra $1-1.50.

Comment

Buzzing ?????? Maybe Bees...............

Hello

Sounds like someone installed a Light dimmer instead of a fan control in the wall switch? Unless the fan is wired with a 3 wire enableing the light and the fan to be switched seprately.Then the fan can be switched and the light can be dimmed by its own controls. if not when you dimm the lights you are slowing the fan down causing it to buzz..................................

Just my Opinion

GB
              Thanks
              GB Enterprises
              Doing it right the first time!!

Comment

GB,

The lights and fans have individual wiring and switches.

Bob R

Comment

do u have 3 wire ran to the fans or are u having to pull a string to switch the fan and light seperate ??? if so then i would not recommend any type of dimmer switch the best way to do what you are trying to do would be with a 3 wire ran to the fan/light so that you can use a fan control on the fan and a dimmer on the light this should stop the humming

Comment

Re: Help ..... fan lights buzzing

ya thats right maybe you change the bulb with the heavy duty bulb..
                    Ceiling Fan Reviews

Comment

Re: Help ..... fan lights buzzing

Wow nothing like upping a 2 year old thread.

Comment

Working...
                      X