Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When i said 2 circuits that means two separate runs to different breakers. And I too have seen cooked neutrals from someone just slapping twin breakers in a panel and not thinking about the red and black being on the same phase/leg/other bar/whatever//////.

If it is wire correctly then sharing a neutral is perfectly safe. As long as someone else doesn't screw it up later.

I think that is Josh is still bothering to read this he understands that you can't have the conductors of a mutliwire branch circuit on the same phase/leg/other bar/whatever//////.
    "Diplomacy is saying nice dodging until you can find a rock." Will Rogers
    "If a Monkey can do your job, are you in the right profession?

Comment

Sparky, an electrician would not call a leg a phase. A phase is distictinctly different than a leg. Maybe you need to go back and crack the books.

Comment

Originally posted by BigThom
        Sparky, an electrician would not call a leg a phase. A phase is distictinctly different than a leg. Maybe you need to go back and crack the books.
        That's odd. Two licensed electricians (Marc and myself) have called it a "phase." I don't think their operation is so distinctly different as to get myself excommunicated from the industry for using the term "phase."

We realize full well that 120/240V is single phase.

I notice you refer to 110V and 220V, those are improper terms as well.

Comment

The term of " phase " what i been using for long time and this word " phase " i used that from european area as well there is not much diffrence between " legs " or " line " all it depending on where you located each area may have diffrent slang word for it

if i say full 3 phase or full single phase i called " full boat " or " full house "

so each electrician have slightly diffrent way to say the terms of words

P.S. the normal usa voltage is 120/240 single phase
          three phase voltage is 120/240 delta 4 wire
          three phase voltage is 120/208 volt wye 4 wire
          three phase voltage is 240 volt 3 wire delta
          as 277/ 480 volt as well in wye verison

i can go on but this is common in USA area [ Candna is very simuir to this but few voltage dont have and have few other voltage as well ]

Merci, Marc

Comment

Thanks all for the answer to my wire nut problem. It occurred to me that I had negelcted this simple response to acknowledge those who took their time to think about my question.
            Only a surfer knows the feeling. Billabong ca. 1985 or so

Comment

Hey me too.. I delted my response and I cant remember why. I have posted a lot of questions and always remembered to come back in with a thanks and an update...

So here it is. Thanks guys for all the help. I basically split the 2 12-3s in to 6 inch boxes then ran one to sub boxes and and 3 directly to the appliances.

Josh

Comment

Working...
              X