X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 switches to one fixture

There is 4 three way switches hooked to one fixture at my house. I was replacing switches and now can't get it to work again. Normally, if you wanted to wire 4 switches to one fixture, I would use two three way and two four way switches. All of the switches I removed only had a common and to traveler terminals. They seem to have put wire nuts on some of the wires going to the box bypassing the switch. Does anybody know how to wire 4 three way switches to one fixture???

Nevermind....
    I figured it out.

Comment

glad you figured it out cause I tried for fun and can't get it to work even if I use extra wires along with a 14/3. Can you tell us how they made that work

Comment

please do tell us how that works i hate to be a doubter but i dont think its possible to switch a light from three places without using a four way

Comment

Sure you can.

It's just more expensive.

Lutron, Lightolier, need I say more...?

Comment

u talking about something like a "smart house"

Comment

Yep.

This system can actually do scene lighting, using the red wire of the old threeway switching system as a communicator, and black and white for power and neutral.

There's a master and slaves. So, you could use the dimmers (even without the scene lighting control) as a fourway on a three-wire system.

Just for fun.

Comment

Working...
              X