Wireless

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wireless

Does anyone here have any experience using wireless light switches?

Just curious about everyone's opinion since I'm thinking about using them for the first time on a remodeling project.

Thanks

I've used X10 wireless on several occasions. Sure beats tearing out sheetrock and patching. They work pretty well, but are not perfect.

I use the X10 system at my own house for the christmas tree, outside lights etc. Can controll everything from a chair.

Comment

I've heard of X10 but I have never used it before. Is it completley wireless? Doesn't it still need a powerline to send a signal to the light or outlet?

Comment

X10 has a variety of devices. Check out X10.com

Wireless switches send a radio signal over the air to a receiver that is plugged into a receptacle. This receiver then broadcasts the signal over the house powerlines to the intended fixture. You can get connections for receptacles and lighting fixtures. You can have a remote that is attached to the wall and looks like a regular toggle switch and you can get a remote that you carry around. They make remotes that are key-chain remotes similar to a car remote.

Comment

Battery-Free

I was searching online last night for wireless switches and I found a pretty neat product. These wireless switches are battery-free, don't ask me how they work becuase I have no clue but they seem to be pretty cool.

www.AdHocElectronics.com/wireless-switch

Comment

I decided to order a couple of these battery-free switches. I will let everyone know how well they work.

Comment

Working...
            X