X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T-stat/duty cycles

I installed a new digital 2 wire thermostat not too long ago, and the instructions fail to explain the "duty cycles".

the range is from level 2 to 6. how do you figure out the optimal setting?

i'm perplexed, the thermostat ambient temperature says 69F, but in another room downstairs, my indoor/outdoor temp says the inside temp is 64F

thanks
    Last edited by CheekyMonkeyWrench; 11-21-2006, 11:57 PM.

Whats the brand name of the T stat?
    You will never expand your mind, if you do not challenge your beliefs.

By the reading of this post, you acknowledge and agree that the poster shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any content contained herein.

Comment

hondahead,

it's an Aube Tech

here's the link:

http://www.aubetech.com/products/com....x=111&ok.y=14

Comment

"...but in another room downstairs,..."

The stat will only read the temp in the room where it is located. Temps will vary from room to room even on the same floor. In your case you state you are comparing to a room DOWNSTAIRS. With the stat located on the upper elevation it is going to sense the warm air that rises up to that level and will be satisfied before the temp on the lower floor reaches the setpoint.

Also, you are comparing readings from two different devices, neither of which is very accurate, +/- 2 Deg.F at best. If they were side by side in the same room you would be lucky if they were within 2 Deg. of each other.
        ---------------
        Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
        ---------------
        “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
        ---------
        "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
        ---------
        sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Bob,

I realize the different zone temperatures, but with my old T-stat, it never was quite as extreme as it is now.....2 rooms downstairs seperated by 7 deg of difference.

Comment

Well it could be that the old stat was not as accurate as the new one and the error was in the direction that made the difference appear to be less, when in fact it could have been the 7 deg you see now.
            ---------------
            Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
            ---------------
            “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
            ---------
            "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
            ---------
            sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Themostats

What type heat do u have ??? Warm air or hot water ?????
              Also check the differential on the thermostat,,, the rooms will never read the same temp due to widows and outside exposeure.....

Comment

Working...
              X