high efficient furnaces

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• high efficient furnaces

through logging in on this forum i noticed the totlal missconception of allot of usesrs about high efficient furnaces and the longevity of them. the idea that the furnace will last a shorter time than the older units is such bull im shoked. lets review even just a few parts off the top of my head
    -motors, all new motors are all direct drive ecm motors, no more belts to break, bearings to change, to more annual lubrication required. how many of use out there have paid or fixed our own motors in the older units in our houses. all manufacturers no matter who have the same motor in them. all new motors that are ecm are made by g.e. this is a good test to see if your salesmen knows his stuff. the motors may have different housing or sizes but are all 100% the same!!! no arguments can be made period.
    -exchangers are better made than they ever were even 5 years ago, brands like amana are offering ss exchangers with a lifetime guarentee (although this was common with lennox in the past)
    -ignition is made better now with hot surface ignitors, replacing thermocouples, which we all have replaced time and time again on older units. theses work simmilar to the glow plugs found in deislel truck engines.

this is just touching on a few pionts on why high is the way to go. mid efficient use that same style of ignition and printed circute boards that the highs do so the arguments that a new mid will last longer is hot air. time to stop talking about things we dont know about and give real advice on this site lets move out of the past and not misslead people asking for help.
    how is it that so many answers are in the instructions

Re: high efficient furnaces

Seems to be a commen idea, I have never figured it out either. Many customers have asked me if its true.

Comment

Replaced blower motors on 3 armstong high efficients, that were less than 2 years old. Didnt do the installs, just the service. Personally I don;t think the cost savings vs. mid efficient is fantastic, so I don't go around plugging high efficients. If you really wanna talk about reliability and efficiency, lets talk boilers. For about 1250 more, I could instal a boiler w/fan coil that with proper maintenance will last 25 + years. Don't get me wrong I don't go around bashing high eff, furnaces, I just give my opinion and let the customer decide> We have done our fair share of high eff. furnaces without complaint
      West Trail Mechanical Ltd
      Service. Commitment. Expertise.

www.westtrailmechanical.ca

Comment

you are 1000 correct. i would sell and install a boiler and fancoil anyday. the only downside is the fanciol still used the same overpriced motor the higheff furnace uses. latley i have done five nti boiler installs and im in love.
        how is it that so many answers are in the instructions

Comment

Question.
          How do I pipe my natural draft hot water heater with my high efficiency furnace? I want them both the go up the old stack (6" pipe to the roof).
          40 gallon, 10 yr old water heater, Trane 80% sealed combustion 100k btuh furnace. Basement of a rambler (approx 17' rise to the roof)
          Is this doable? if so, how?

Comment

Originally posted by davehuss View Post
            Question.
            How do I pipe my natural draft hot water heater with my high efficiency furnace? I want them both the go up the old stack (6" pipe to the roof).
            40 gallon, 10 yr old water heater, Trane 80% sealed combustion 100k btuh furnace. Basement of a rambler (approx 17' rise to the roof)
            Is this doable? if so, how?
            Abandoned chimney with plastic pipe from the furnace, yes (usually)
            H2o htr also NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
            Must line the chimney and use it for water heater only, and side wall vent the furnace.

Comment

Originally posted by proplumb View Post
              through logging in on this forum i noticed the totlal missconception of allot of usesrs about high efficient furnaces and the longevity of them. the idea that the furnace will last a shorter time than the older units is such bull im shoked. lets review even just a few parts off the top of my head
              -motors, all new motors are all direct drive ecm motors, no more belts to break, bearings to change, to more annual lubrication required. how many of use out there have paid or fixed our own motors in the older units in our houses. all manufacturers no matter who have the same motor in them. all new motors that are ecm are made by g.e. this is a good test to see if your salesmen knows his stuff. the motors may have different housing or sizes but are all 100% the same!!! no arguments can be made period.
              -exchangers are better made than they ever were even 5 years ago, brands like amana are offering ss exchangers with a lifetime guarentee (although this was common with lennox in the past)
              -ignition is made better now with hot surface ignitors, replacing thermocouples, which we all have replaced time and time again on older units. theses work simmilar to the glow plugs found in deislel truck engines.

this is just touching on a few pionts on why high is the way to go. mid efficient use that same style of ignition and printed circute boards that the highs do so the arguments that a new mid will last longer is hot air. time to stop talking about things we dont know about and give real advice on this site lets move out of the past and not misslead people asking for help.
              "Last Longer" is reletive to the repair cost. Old furnaces cost more to run but at low gas prices. Higher efficiency made it more affoordable but with ALOT more "stuff" to break. Now if you have one of the big 4 go (GV, Board, inducer, motor) It starts to make sense to consider new, with new warranties.......... 12-15 yrs IMO

Comment

What part of $1500 Fed break wouldn't one like ? Also P.G.E. in the Bay area had a cash incentive.
                I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

high efficient furnaces is a bullshit!
                  Radiant Heat Manifold

Comment

Originally posted by radiant View Post
                    Check Your local JR. college for a writing class . Try later. Is a bullshit ????????? Wow
                    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by radiant View Post
                      Anybody smelling low quality chinese spam or just another sales guy unqualified opinion, I can hear it now " The guys I sell stuff to say..."

Comment

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
                        Anybody smelling low quality chinese spam or just another sales guy unqualified opinion, I can hear it now " The guys I sell stuff to say..."
                        Actually I know what happened. Moms on the phone yakin havin a cigarette and drink.

Little WALDO is in the Tub by His lonesome. He drinks about a gallon of His own bath water!

Poor Lil Tyke , This is what We get ! Soo sad. BULLFEATHERS

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                          Check Your local JR. college for a writing class . Try later. Is a bullshit ????????? Wow
                          I supose he works behind the counter for a reason.

Comment

I sold a Furnace and a/c to a couple today, they will get 1500.00 in federal tax credits, an instant 850.00 from Illinois, 200.00 from Lennox, and the company's discounts for the combo.
                            2550.00.......not bad for getting what they probably would have chose anyways!
                            This my friends .......is (not) a bullshit!

Comment

How can any one knock that ?

Comment

Working...
                              X