X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Essex Gas Valve

I have an Essex Gas valve M/N SX242NOA. It is coroded and can't be repaired. I am having trouble locating one. Can anyone help me?

Re: Essex Gas Valve

Is this for a gas furnace? Try to google it. If nothing comes up, check w/ honeywell and find a gas valve with the same specs.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Take a few good pics of it post them here along with the specs of gas valve and rating plate of equipment and we can find the right match for you.

Comment

OK.Thank you so much for replying. I have taken a few pics of the Gas Valve. It is from a ducted heating system. Hope you can help with finding one that matches. I went to my local HVAC dealer and he sold me a Honeywell V800 A 1179. He said it would do, however the wiring on it is wrong, even though it looks similar. I have googled for hours trying to find one. That is how I stumbled across this site. Hope you guys can help me.
        Attached Files

Comment

WOW! that is one gunked up gas valve

Whatever you do DON'T post any pictures of the appliance that thing came off of because I will tell you to junk it.

I STRONGLY suggest you get a professional to replace it and evaluate your system.

The gas valve you need is listed below

HTML Code:
          click_Me_Now!

Comment

Thank you Plumbers Crack. Believe it or not, the rest of the system is in perfect order. Thats why i want to replace the valve. I suspect the cover was left off the unit for a while before I moved in.

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
            X