X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HVAC repair pricing

How do you ac guys out there set your price? AC is more complicated than plumbing and sometimes you have to search and find what the problem is therefore taking up lots of time and effort. Here's an example, can't check pressures correctly until the coils are clean. You're not going to clean coils for free, right. Do you add this price as a troubleshooting price? We've all seen countless examples of this. What do you do in these cases?
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: HVAC repair pricing

the way i have it set up is that i have a major and minor diagnostic fee on to of dispatch. it is nit worh me setting uo my gages fo less than 200.00 although to the average joe that may sound like allot but when i am putting a couuple of thousand dollars woth of my own tools on their equipment i have allot to risk. its all a ballance, if i find a problem quickly and charged a major diagnostic fee im glad to refund, it brings more buisness to my employer down the road. things like coil cleans that are oviouse are charged upfront before i bother with anything else. ac has allot of factors so people have to pay to have a luxury. im sure there are plenty of diy guys who are scheaming right now but hey it 220 volts at at least 200 psi of toxic refrigerent. so i say play with what you want your bill will only be higher in the end as long as your still allive to pay for it.

ps THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS AN AFTER HOURS AC EMERGENCY IN A HOUSE!!!
    how is it that so many answers are in the instructions

Comment

Working...
    X