No bean bags outside!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No bean bags outside!!

Got a call this morning (sunday) that a unit not working. I get there and the husband explains last night they were bbqing and had those big bean bag chairs outside. Their dog got ahold of one and ripped it apart. The small foam pellets went all over the place and sucked into the condenser. The heat ended up melting the pellets and clogging all the fins. I tried to clear it for 45 min butgave up. This was a new unit that we installed 8 months ago. I explained the condenser is done and he needs a new one. He actually thought this should be free and covered under warranty!! I replaced the unit and yes, he paid.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: No bean bags outside!!

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
    Got a call this morning (sunday) that a unit not working. I get there and the husband explains last night they were bbqing and had those big bean bag chairs outside. Their dog got ahold of one and ripped it apart. The small foam pellets went all over the place and sucked into the condenser. The heat ended up melting the pellets and clogging all the fins. I tried to clear it for 45 min butgave up. This was a new unit that we installed 8 months ago. I explained the condenser is done and he needs a new one. He actually thought this should be free and covered under warranty!! I replaced the unit and yes, he paid.
    OK...this is a stretch, a long shot.
    PVC primer melts styrofoam...no way to clear it out with a rinse?
    You'd certainly smell the place up....

Comment

Never thought of it. I tried raising the temp and then clearing it w/ my fin comb and also used coil cleaner. The condenser is outside so smell wouldn't be an issue. I changed the unit out already so no big deal. Duck, where was that suggestion at 0600 this morning?!
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
        Never thought of it. I tried raising the temp and then clearing it w/ my fin comb and also used coil cleaner. The condenser is outside so smell wouldn't be an issue. I changed the unit out already so no big deal. Duck, where was that suggestion at 0600 this morning?!

I vewy sowy.

Comment

What trips me out about this whole thing is the customer thought it would be covered under warrenty, ah, hello assho**
          sigpic

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
            What trips me out about this whole thing is the customer thought it would be covered under warrenty, ah, hello assho**
            I had a customer once try to tell me I was responsible for a crack in the front her pedastil basin, 6 months after installation.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
              I had a customer once try to tell me I was responsible for a crack in the front her pedastil basin, 6 months after installation.
              hahahhahah
              Your customer of humor
              dvd to iphone converter

Comment

Here is the ALL TIME classic saying that I F***ing HATE..."Since you been here, this isn't working now"

Comment

Working...
                X