RED TECK 12a

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RED TECK 12a

What’s the deal on this stuff? This stuff is flying out all the front doors in all the auto shops here.

No license to buy it? lower working head pressure? ETC??

I have heard that 134 a will be a thing of the past within 5 years.

I’m interested in hearing your opinions.

http://63.135.115.175/products_refr.html

Re: RED TECK 12a

This sounds like a drop in replacemnt similar to hot shot. Never dealt with car ac's but how do you purge the line of air when attaching the hose to it?
    I saw the guy in the video attach the hose from the tank to service valve and open the tank. Seems like a good way to introduce air into the system.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Gobby,

I never saw anything at the end of the thread on the rusty toilet you were asking for help on.I did not see a resolution nor a thank you.If I'm wrong I appologize.

If not....

Are you still playing plumbing technician among other things

Comment

Most "R12" hydrocarbon refrigerants are a blend of propane and butane, at a 60/40 ratio, (some use slightly different ratios) and the temperature pressure curve is a almost identical match, of R12.

In many foreign countries it used, in most all auto and many small refrigerant uses, Australia it is to my understanding is a norm, it is compatible with most any oils.

pure propane is a replacement for R22

With some ethane and butane in the blend you have a 502 drop in replacement, I don't remember the ratios for 502 hydrocarbon blend, I have it some where but can't locate it right now.

there are a number of manufactures of hydrocarbon refrigerants,
        Hy Chill
        hydra cool
        enviro safe
        RED TEK
        Duracool
        Mac Freeze
        and I am sure there are others

here are the R numbers for the hydrocarbon refrigerants,
        R170 - ETHANE - C2H6
        R290 - PROPANE - C3H8
        R600 - n-BUTANE - C4H10
        R600a - ISOBUTANE (2-Methylpropane) - C4H10
        R1270 - PROPYLENE (Propene) - C3H6

I read where ever refrigerant device used at the Sydney 2000 Olympics had to be a hydrocarbon refrigerant in it. (currently dont have the sorce) but the url below indicates it.
        some interesting reading on the subject,
        http://www.macfreeze.com/referfacts.htm

the (freon crowd) complains about the flammable gas aspect, where many of the refrigerants either have some hydrocarbon blends in them, or are flammable under pressure any way.

IN a automobile you have 13 to 20+ gallons of a very flammable liquid that vaporizes that the car or truck runs on, and yet some worry about less than a couple of hair spray sized containers in an enclosed system, but have no qualms of having propane propellant in there aerosols containers in there grocery bags in the back seat of the car,
        Last edited by BHD; 08-02-2007, 09:57 AM.
        Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
        attributed to Samuel Johnson
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

bhd, you always amaze me with your research, facts and figures.

very interesting stuff. that's why i don't do a.c. work.

rick
          phoebe it is

Comment

wow thx for the information BHD!!great stuff there.

as for dirtyhands I went back to that post and didnt see any advice from you to thank you? care to explain why you wanted one?

P.s dirtyhands you still plunging toilets?

Comment

Originally posted by gobby View Post
              wow thx for the information BHD!!great stuff there.

as for dirtyhands I went back to that post and didnt see any advice from you to thank you? care to explain why you wanted one?

P.s dirtyhands you still plunging toilets?
              YEP,that's the response I expected,True colors,Good job gobby.

Haven't plunged a toilet since I was eight years old.Naw let me think,yeah I think I did about 15 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                Gobby,

I never saw anything at the end of the thread on the rusty toilet you were asking for help on.I did not see a resolution nor a thank you.If I'm wrong I appologize.

If not....

Are you still playing plumbing technician among other things
                True colors? perhaps you need to re-read your un called for reply to my post.

Once a child always a child.

Comment

gobby, he was just looking for a thank you to the help everyone gave you on your toilet issue. no big deal. lets all get along.

Josh

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post

Haven't plunged a toilet since I was eight years old.Naw let me think,yeah I think I did about 15 years ago.
                    Now I'm confused. Does that make you 23-years old? I thought last night you told us you were older than Zeljka. Does that make you the youngest one at the table last night?

Mark
                    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                      Now I'm confused. Does that make you 23-years old? I thought last night you told us you were older than Zeljka. Does that make you the youngest one at the table last night?

Mark
                      Bad posting on my part,once when I was eight and again 15 years ago.It actually made me think how lucky I am to have been living with good plumbing.

Comment

LOL-I find the older I get the worst my plumbing gets. Thank goodness for the advancements in modern medicine.

Mark
                        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I hear you on that one.Right now I'm doing the vision thing.Every month it feels like i'm holding the newspaper another few inches further out.Thomas Guide is almost unreadable.Time to go to costco for prescription eyeglasses

Comment

drtyhands

Don't feel bad about changes in vision. This happens as part of the aging process. I ended up where I can see well at 6 feet and beyond, but need glasses for reading and another pair for the computer. If you see well in mid-range and distance, you may just want to try a pair of NON prescription magnifying glasses for reading. Play with them in the store (pharmacy) and take along some things to look at. For the really tiny things, a magnifying visor really helps me out.

When it comes to your eye health, please see a good Opthamologist as they study medical health of eyes and not just refraction.

Comment

wousko,
                              someone told me not to wear non prescription reading glasses.As they are not good for your eyes.ever heard this

Comment

Working...
                              X