X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R&r A Compressor

How much would it cost to remove and replace a compressor so one can do excavating under it.

Do you have to contain the refridgerant and dispose at a site.

Does it cost much to recharge the system on a unit that serves a 1400sq. ft. residence.

Re: R&r A Compressor

Rough ballpark, 500-1000. You can pump the refrigerent into the condenser so you don't lose the charge but you still have to pull a vacuum and braze with a nitrogen purge. Looking at about a 2-4hr job depending on how they pull a vacuum. Refrigerent is sold by the pound, goes from 50-100 a lb here.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Ben,

Don't forget it will take two trip to the job to do it.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

That's enough info.Don't knock yourselves out on this one.Just looking for quick ballpark and brief explination.Now I see why some put so much effort leaving them in place and working around them.
        Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
          Ben,

Don't forget it will take two trip to the job to do it.

Mark
          Good point.
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

50-100 a lb for R22 is highway robbery.

500 would be pushing the upper limits of what I would charge.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruudacguy View Post
              50-100 a lb for R22 is highway robbery.

500 would be pushing the upper limits of what I would charge.
              What do you guys charge for freon? What I quoted was from different companies around town. I guess labor rates in Illinois are different than Va Beach.
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

You know what I charge an hour, Junkie. I've told you. No, we dont mark up R-22 500-1000%. At least I dont. I wouldnt be able to sleep at night if I did.

Comment

I believe we are around the $18.00 to $20.00 range per pound of R22.

Comment

You know what I charge an hour, Junkie. I've told you. No, we dont mark up R-22 500-1000%. At least I dont. I wouldnt be able to sleep at night if I did.
                    I forgot what you said. I didn't say "I" charge that much, "companies" charge that much. Don't kill the messenger. I couldn't sleep so I quit my other job.
                    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Not looking to kill any messengers, Junkie. Not now anyway. I was, however, going to point out how hypocritical it would be for you to charge $100 a pound for 22, then give ST so much grief about what he says he charges.

Comment

Originally posted by biscuit View Post
                        I believe we are around the $18.00 to $20.00 range per pound of R22.

To add to that statement, bear in mind that I am 99.9% commercial. If I did residential, my charge would probalby be higher.

Heck, what residential I do (someone who knows someone or a GC that we do a lot for) we dont even bother to invoice for a residential service call.

Since I have been with the Company, I have always thought we do way too much "freebie" work. But that is another topic for a different discussion. I may even try to start that thread, but I am afraid the gloves will come off and everyone start fighting.

regads,

Comment

Not looking to kill any messengers, Junkie. Not now anyway. I was, however, going to point out how hypocritical it would be for you to charge $100 a pound for 22, then give ST so much grief about what he says he charges.

Go ahead and kill the messenger, its allowed by law. I think its called trespassing, at least in Mississippi that is

Comment

Working...
                          X