X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just introducing myself.

Just introducing myself. Down here in sunny Florida, been in the trade 18 months after changing careers midlife from social work. Hi all.

Re: Just introducing myself.

hi and welcome to the fourm. you will alot of information here to help you with your new career, and thursday night at 9 pm easten time there is a chat in witch you can get to know some of the members here as well as learning things about the trade.
    Last edited by oldslowchevy; 10-07-2007, 09:36 AM.
    9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Hey Gopher,welcome.

Comment

Welcome! Nice to have another hvac tech here.

Comment

Welcome, EG! I'm pretty new here, but I can assure you that you have come to the right place for advice and fun.

Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Gopher View Post
            Just introducing myself. Down here in sunny Florida, been in the trade 18 months after changing careers midlife from social work. Hi all.
            welcome

but i thought "plumber" killed you off a few years ago you'll have to look back at the old stuff to understand.

you're in good hands as "mrsseatdown" is also in social work and can talk shop with the best of us. test her 1 day or chat on thursday evening.

ps. she is smarter than a 5th. grader can't say that about all of us

hope your other half will enjoy as much as mine does

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

thanks all....mrsseatdown is a social worker...cool. I lasted 10yrs. Last 3 as a baby snatcher for Florida DCF....u make'em we take'em..burned out bad.

Went to trade school then out into the real world....work as a "tech" and installer now....company I work for now does plumbing and ac....sooo as low man get to play plumbers helper when ac is slow....its all fun and games till someone hands u a shovel

Comment

Sort of. . .I have a master's in clinical psychology and run a transitional housing facility for former foster youth with children.

I have been doing it 12 years so far I started young (I completed my Master's at 22)

I LOVE my job though.

Joey
                I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

humm I started late, spent 8 yrs in the Marines, got a medical discharge and VA system paid for school. Got BA in Sociology at 27 MA in management at 30. Under grad mini theses was on effects of frequent displacement of foster care children. Worked at an all female foster care group home while getting BA. Florida does not do much for foster care kids. just lets them age out of the system and hand them a bag of sandwiches. Been some serious $$ awarded in lawsuits by former foster care children and others against the State for not giving proper mental health treatment and such. Transition facility sounds challenging, given the issues foster care children arrive with...and later get from being in the system...IF I remember right most were 3 or 4 grade levels behind, usably no HS diploma or GED...no job skills etc.

Comment

Not really a tech myself but we certainly have lots of them as customers. We sell all the Ridgid Plumbing and HVAC tools. So if anyone has any tool related questions don't hesitate to ask.
                    Jay
                    Ohio Power Tool - Ridgid
                    Coptool - Power Tool Blog

Comment

Working...
                    X