Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any HVAC guys use the 9.6 Volt Pivoting Screwdriver ??

I guess Im getting lazy in my old age....I do residential work, so not like I take off hundreds of screews every day....but for the last 2 years I've used the DeWalt 7.2v screwdriver off and on....the sping loaded check drives me nuts..ejects bits when u dont want it too.....but it has been subject to 1 too many "gravity test" and has gone off to were ever it is when power tools die.

Soo any way I've seen the Ridgid 9.6 Volt Pivoting Screwdriver at Home Depot a few times and right now am looking at picking one up....but co-worker loves his Bosch 10v lit ion and its around the same price......

Sooo any one here use the Ridgid 9.6 Volt Pivoting Screwdriver??? how do u like it? Any problems???? please tell me it dont eject bits at the slightest touch

Thanks all.

Re: Any HVAC guys use the 9.6 Volt Pivoting Screwdriver ??

E. G.,
    I'm not an HVAC guy but I use my drivers a lot. I have both the 9.6v and the Bosch 10.8v. The Ridgid is very strong and I like it. but it is much heavier than the Bosch. The Ridgid is stronger than the Bosch but quite a bit bulkier. They both have standard 1/4 inch hex drives that do not eject the bit. I like them both, but prefer the Bosch since I can wear it on my belt all day and forget it is there.

I did see a post where someone found the Ridgid for $59 (regularly $89). That's a lot cheaper than the Bosch at an average of $129. If you don't mind the weight and NiCd battery, and you do not anticipate buying one of the other Bosch 10.8v drivers. The Ridgid is a good deal and a good tool.

Hope that helps,
    Ern

Comment

thank u it did help.

Comment

I second the Bosch. I have the Dewalt and have had no problems but one of my friends has the Bosch and I end up using it every chance I get. He has the bosch impact driver and it works very well. When my Dewalt dies, this is what I will get.
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

hate to say it but I cant find the Ridged screwdriver in any local HD....I posted this story.....but hit a few of them and 1 swears they dont sell them and one says special order ...maybe....

Hate to dismiss the Ridged but flat out IF I cant find it I cant buy it....and the Bosch is readly avilable....funny HD still has the DeWalt 7.2 on the shelf...but their website says its dicontinued.....but the Ridgid is not on the shelf but listed as instock.....snooze u lose.

Comment

Working...
          X