Question about oil furnace exhaust pipe

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about oil furnace exhaust pipe

If you think this is bad have a look at my post in the construction section!

What is the purpose of this vent? Should it be sealed?

This appears to be a bolt hole from a previous strap, just seal with metal tape?

If you think this is bad have a look at my post in the construction section!

Re: Question about oil furnace exhaust pipe

The first pic is of a barometric vent damper and no do not seal it.

The hole in the flue pipe is for testing flue gas tempetures and oxygen mixture.

Comment

The barometric control is missing it's adjustment weight (draft will be too high without weight) and is now as worthless as tits on a pickup truck, plus it's mounted too far from the heating unit. The barometric controls the amount of draft for the heating unit. Too much draft and you waste energy, too little draft and the unit plugs up and possibly vent by-products may enter home. Unit should be serviced by qualified service technician to correct problems. Test hole should be plugged when not in use.

Comment

[quote=BILLG;99642]and is now as worthless as tits on a pickup truck, quote]
        dang what truck do you have that wasn't even on the options list when i bought mine. and yes i would have bought that option lol
        9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Working...
        X