X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Condensate pump lines..what do u use?

I've always ran 3/8 copper for overhead condensate pump lines....ok Im fairly new sooooo not like this was something Moses passed down to me...but assumed it was just the way it was.

Friday had to run a 60ft run for a condensate pump...new pump previously unit drained via pvc through the chase....long story....anyway soo went to get the stuff to go to the job Owner...aka Big Boss...goes use "PEX" its plumping stuff (were also a plumping company)....I've played with it a few times...not hard to use...and no brazing in an attic sooo grab some and got..used 1/2" ID (think..see post about pex..dont know that much about it)...seemed large but owner is boss soo gopher on and use it....us ac guys were debateign it after work...seemed too large...check valve going to be holding back a lot of water....with 1/2" vs 3/8s...stuff like that...

SOOOO the ??? what do u all use for condenstate pump lines?

Re: Condensate pump lines..what do u use?

all i have ever seen was pvc, can't say i have ever noticed cooper before, though that is not what i do for a living either
    9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

i use vynal tubing allot. that is what you should actually use according to manufacturers specs on allot of pumps. i try to buy the upgraded pump kits so they come with 20' of the tubing. copper would probably look great when done with care, my only hessitation is the amount of noise when the pump starts and stops.
      how is it that so many answers are in the instructions

Comment

Chevy we use 3/4" pvc for the under the slab ..through the chase drain lines...humm pro plumb u use the plack poly vinal stuff?? down here..or the freaks I work with we just ran 3/8 coopper throught the arric with some armor flexs on it to inuslate the line.....

I dont see were it realy matters to the water or the pump.....soo long as no restrictions and the water dont leak.....but the change was one of thouse welp we always used copper soooo anything else is wrong things....I think a little smaller size would have been better in terms of the ammount of watter the check valve is holding back....but the 1/2" pex worked..and a pex fitting with a hose clamp matched up great with the vinal tubeing that came with the pump....as for noise...other than Gem-tech junk pumps....I found the 230v ones seem a lot quiter than the 110v ones....230v I put in frida with the pex (inside the stand btw) was soo quiet that I could not hear it over the airhandler...had to hole line and feel it come on.

Comment

i have not had a problem with the clear vynal tubing that comes with the units, i allways use pvc to to pump and vynal from it. why would you use a hose clamp on the pex? there are fittings to addapt and are cheap. i tried to hose clamp to a barbed fitting once out of desperation and a couple of days later it leaked. it should have been crimped. i like the vynal too because i find that homeowners can see the build-up in the line and will call to get it replaced before there is a problem, with copper you cant see the sludge build-up comming untill you have a water problem.
          how is it that so many answers are in the instructions

Comment

yup always clear tubing here, copper to expensive cut into profit you know Ferengie rule of acquisition #33
            ROMANS 10:9 confess with your mouth that JESUS is LORD and believe in your heart that GOD raised him from the dead and you will be Saved.

Comment

Pro plum
              nope used the barb with the pex...but to go from cleanr poly to the copper used a hose clamp.

Comment

I personally cant stand the clear tubing. I do use a short section from the condensate pump to where I convert to 1/2" pvc. I've never had a problem with the check valve not holding.

My old system at home was ran in 3/4 copper. That check valve never had a problem either.

Comment

Working...
                X