X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• combustion anilizers

there is allot of debate about using these on a daily bases latley. i have had one at my disposal for a few months now and never used it on a furnace install. they are needed 100% of the time on wall hung boilers and instantaniouse hwt's. so i got a group together today and found out some interesting stuff

the setup was a recent install i did(last friday) it is a direct vent natural gas furnace, 70,000 btu two stage .

the people preasent
    me..leadteck for my company
    owner of a large plumbing/ hvac company and a hugh competitor of mine
    the furnace manufacturers rep
    the test company rep for the anilizer

so we felt it most suiting to let the furnace rep go through my install when me and my compeditor were out of the room to see if all of their specs were meet to the tee, they were, he checked gas pressure, preasure switches, and temp rise

next the test company rep set up the anililyzer and would be the sole person to touch it, of course he knows it the best

the results. well as to be expected the efficiency was not what it was said to be but it was only a couple percent off, not to bad actually. the furnace could use a slight adjustmen on the air ratio then we realisedhow the hell do you tune in a high efficient furnacewell you cant.we called teck supports for the furnace company, my compeditor called over two senior guys who know their stuff, and i clled over the guy i allways turn too.

i know oil furnaces can be adjusted but these ones cant as best we could tell i would love to be proven wrong, my customers deserve the best i can give

a 3500.00 dollar tool that i cant do a thing with
    how is it that so many answers are in the instructions

Re: combustion anilizers

A couple questions:

1) What were all those people doing on one of your jobs? Was there a problem with something, or did you just choose your most recent install for the analyzer test.

2) What was the brand name of the furnace.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruudacguy View Post
      A couple questions:

1) What were all those people doing on one of your jobs? Was there a problem with something, or did you just choose your most recent install for the analyzer test.

2) What was the brand name of the furnace.
      And which combustion analyzer were you using?

Analyzers are good for testing equipment thats been in service for a while. I don't use one very much on new installs. It is a selling tool for me mostly.

It doesn't surprise me that the effiency level wasn't up to snuff.

"Your mileage may vary"

Comment

i use a uei eagle c127, the people were invited to the install to see what an anylizer would do on a new install. the job was selected because the homeowner was happy to let us in but willing to stay out of our way. it was neutral ground for all of us. we have had dabates amoung our guys at wholesalers for a while and wanted to put it to rest. i talk on hvac talk forum allot and guys there are of the opinion that if you dont use on on an install you are a danger and i wanted to see if there was any truth to it.
        how is it that so many answers are in the instructions

Comment

Working...
        X