Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust Fan Control

Hi All,

I have installed new exhaust fans in the 2 main baths in my house. I am looking for a way to control these that is modulated by the level of humidity. I have seen a Nutone fan that has this built into the unit but did not purchase this type of fan (I have panasonics). So, I am seeking some sort of dehumidistat that I can mount in the bathroom that will control the running of the fans.

I would really prefer this type of control to the timer switches. I have seen a Honeywell and Broan dial controls but I find these rather ugly. Ideally, I am looking for something that is digital and will mount in a double gang box with the light switch for the room. Anyone know if such a beast can be found?

Re: Exhaust Fan Control

Not sure exactly what you are trying to accomplish, but you could get a line voltage humidistat for on/off control.(you wont find that at home depot/lowes) You will need to go to a supply house. Or you could use a low voltage humidistat with a transformer.

Regards,

Comment

My goal is to have a control that turns the exhaust fan on when a specific level of humidity exceeds a specified level. My way of thinking, this is the opposite of a humidistat (i.e. a humidistat will switch a device when humidity goes below specific level). I know they are available, but I am not keen on having an ugly rotary control installed; hence, my dream of a digital unit that will mount in a double gang box.

Comment

Most all manufacturers make a digital humidistat control that will energize the circuit when a set humidity level is reached and operate the device until it reaches the "lower" threshold. I am not sure about double gang mounting, however you could get one with a remote sensor that will hardly be noticed.

Comment

Working...
        X