No announcement yet.

"I'm a Contractor"..No, You're a HACK!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "I'm a Contractor"..No, You're a HACK!

Originally posted by oldslowchevy View Post
    only a hack would leave you with 4 flats .............. a pro would have gotten the spare as well
    Going to bed with a smile on my face

Comment

ummmm i am not sure i like the idea of a man going to bed with a smile on his face because of something i said,........ now i'm scared

lol
      9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
        Going to bed with a smile on my face

You need to make it sting a little more.

Take your personal vehicle and follow him around, randomly once or twice a week.

Every job location you happen to see him working at, tell the local inspectors.

You'll have him cornered so many times he'll have to answer to the shoddy work.

There's a plumbing contractor in my area that works for Lowes that flips me the bird every time I pass him. Why>>>>>>>>>????

Because I've burned him 3 times. First time he fought back, made some BS that Air Gaps in Kentucky can be avoided if mfg. specs state high looping is ökay"......WRONG!

3 times I've dug into his back pocket and Lowes....feels really good to profit off someone purposely ignoring the code we all live by.

What's pretty nice about all of this?

IF this guy sticks it out long enough as a plumber (which I highly doubt with his work performance)......I'm going to be a plumbing inspector in my area someday as my resting spot in this profession.

Talk about turning your job site into comedy central. ROFL!!! That will be some really good times when I'm the guy walking into the job to see if it is ...... correct?

I can feel the warm rays of sunshine already
        Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Some homeowners are foolish enough to aggressively pursue the lowest bid and then beleive they'll get the same quality.
          Some "contractors" are foolish enough to jump into trades they have no right to be in and conveniently tell themselves they're offering good quality.
          These hacks cost us by driving the market down.
          They also cost peoples lives.
          That dryer vent is sickening, you did the right thing, especially where he says he does it all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
            IF this guy sticks it out long enough as a plumber (which I highly doubt with his work performance)......I'm going to be a plumbing inspector in my area someday as my resting spot in this profession.
            Does this sort of work ever actually get inspected? I get the impression some homeowner just hired this idiot to do some work and there's almost certainly no permits or inspections involved. How could there be?

On a bright note... if not for these yahoos, Holmes on Holmes wouldn't be nearly as entertaining, would it?

Comment

I saw his relative some time back.

Comment

hey i worked nere the pepsi plant too!!! wow small world... i was the building eng. at Peake printers about 8 yrs. ago there about 5 yrs.

i live in Ga. now
                Last edited by jaminjimlp; 12-06-2007, 11:39 AM.
                ROMANS 10:9 confess with your mouth that JESUS is LORD and believe in your heart that GOD raised him from the dead and you will be Saved.

Comment

PC, good to see the initiative.We have the same types of probs here in AZ.

Comment

Originally posted by coutwest View Post
                    PC, good to see the initiative.We have the same types of probs here in AZ.
                    To AZ's credit, I heard you can't buy plumbing fixtures without a license...wish that were the case everywhere.

Gotta love Home Depot.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
                      To AZ's credit, I heard you can't buy plumbing fixtures without a license...wish that were the case everywhere.

Gotta love Home Depot.
                      Word is coming down out of Oregon that plumbing/HVAC supply houses don't sell to unlicensed individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                        Word is coming down out of Oregon that plumbing/HVAC supply houses don't sell to unlicensed individuals.
                        They won't here either.
                        Most plumbing supplies won't sell anything aside from finish fixtures here either.

Home Depot being the exception with gas fixtures, unsure exactly how they get around that.

Comment

Working...
                        X