in floor heating dilemma

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• in floor heating dilemma

I have a bradford white watertank that has 2 zones for my slab and domestic hotwater. The unit is 11 years old and is starting to leak. I was told it might be hard to get another one as their not that popular any more. My question is what should I replace it with. I think a boiler is probably the best, but seems very expensive, any ideas. Thanks

Re: in floor heating dilemma

Which model heater do you have? I'm sure we can find a comparable replacement.

Comment

It's really all about BTUs and recovery. Is your current system working as you would like or do you feel you need more/less heat? What is the current BTU rating and gallons of storage? Are there any size limitations? What is the vent size? Photos would help as well but if you are currently okay using a water heater as your source I don't see why you would need to go to a boiler.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

a boiler is your best bet,simply because with yearly maintenance it can last you 20 years or so,more if your lucky. yet, you dont want a boiler if your only going to heat 2 zones in abasemet it should be used to heat the whole house. Nonetheless a small boiler and a bosch tankless waterheater is the way to go. The savings with the tankless heater should cover the price of the boiler. whoever told you theres' no exact replacement for your existing setup or something similiar probably had a boiler and some swampland to sell you.

Comment

Working...
        X