X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• furnace service fees

last night my furnace stopped working and i opened it up. Turns out it was a loose connection.

I need to call a professional to look over the unit (goodman) and do an annual service. What should i expect to pay for this service (roughly)?

I live in ontario, canada if that helps at all.

Re: furnace service fees

We get $95.00 \HR Plus parts. Usually only takes an hour.
    sigpic

Comment

dont forget dispatch fee 65-100 during the day
      how is it that so many answers are in the instructions

Comment

Turns out it wasnt a loose connection - my furnace died again the next evening.

I had a pro come in and repair it. He cleaned it, diagnosed the problem, got the parts, and repaired it. The parts we all under warranty (ignitor and cpu board). He charged me 195.00 after tax for his services. He came out on a friday night for about 2 hours and about 15 minutes the next day.

Is that reasonable?

Comment

You got $3-$500 in parts for free. I think thats plenty reasonable. Dont forget about the paperwork involved with the parts warranties. 2 different parts = 2 different forms to fill out. Not to mention the cost of those parts is more than likely going to sit on his account at the wholesaler for a couple months waiting on credit from the factory. All that for $195, this guy should be your new best friend.

Comment

excellent - i won't hesitate to refer him to friends!

Comment

Working...
            X