X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honeywell steam humidifiers

Has anyone installed one of these yet? My main supplier just got in a shipment this week.

I would have taken 3 of them with me, but they didnt have the remote mounting kits in stock yet. 2 of them would be for my own house. Right now I have 2 furnaces, (up and down) but only the downstairs has a humidifier. The closet that i put my upstairs system in didnt have the room for a humidifier, but the remote mounting option on the Honeywell steam units is going to enable me have humidity to my upstairs furnace now.

Some other interesting observations: The water usage is about 1:1 meaning hardly any water is discharged out of the drain. I think my AA700 power humidifier is about 3:1, and most bypass are in the 5-6:1 range. The steam gets introduced into the supply air, not the return air. Hot water is highly recommended, so I'm not sure yet what I am going to do about my tankless heater situation.

Im so excited I almost cant wait for next winter. It will be nice to actually have enough humidity in my house, and to not have a humidifier that is noisier than my furnace. My Aprilaire 700 makes more noise than my 60K Ruud Mod. Not to mention I think I can sell the crap out of these things.

Re: Honeywell steam humidifiers

Got a link for it?

I'd like to see some specs

Comment

Can you guys help me out with something?
      Out here we have a major issue with ambulance chasing home inspectors looking for mold to justify being there.
      I could care less,mold's been here longer than we have.

People are starting to ask about the mold issue and how does a customer know that their installer is not putting excessive amounts of moisture in their ductwork.

What can I tell them.
      Thanks.
      Adam

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
        Got a link for it?

I'd like to see some specs
        http://yourhome.honeywell.com/Consum...am/Default.htm

This doesnt really tell you much, but its all I could find online.

They have 3 sizes: HM506 is the 6 gallon model, HM509 is rated at 9 gallons, and the HM512 is the 12 gallon model. Another cool thing is that it runs totally independent of the furnace. But the coolest thing has to be the optional remote mounting kit. This will allow operation for attic systems, crawlspace systems, and my upstairs closet system where there wasnt any room for it.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
          Can you guys help me out with something?
          Out here we have a major issue with ambulance chasing home inspectors looking for mold to justify being there.
          I could care less,mold's been here longer than we have.

People are starting to ask about the mold issue and how does a customer know that their installer is not putting excessive amounts of moisture in their ductwork.

What can I tell them.
          Thanks.
          Adam
          Molds occur naturally outdoors. They do not occur naturally indoors. The cause of indoor molds is excessive moisture.

In So-Cal, I didnt even think you guys had furnaces, let alone humidifiers. It gets so dry here in the winter time that I cant get enough indoor humidity.

Comment

Working...
          X