X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• central Air

I was thinking about installing a 2 ton air conditioner and have a question. The air plenum on my furnace is a lot bigger then the size of the A coil that comes with a 2 ton unit. Is there any problem with say using an A coil that was went for a 3 ton unit or even larger. It just does not make sense to me to restrict the air flow. Any comments
    Thanks
    Rick

Re: central Air

Originally posted by trickyrick View Post
    I was thinking about installing a 2 ton air conditioner and have a question. The air plenum on my furnace is a lot bigger then the size of the A coil that comes with a 2 ton unit. Is there any problem with say using an A coil that was went for a 3 ton unit or even larger. It just does not make sense to me to restrict the air flow. Any comments
    Thanks
    Rick
    This gets a bit tricky here. You need to know, or fin out the air flow (cfm's) that the furnace fan is delivering to the plenum. Size alone does not mean much. You also need to know the cfm rating of the ton coil.
    sigpic

Comment

Is the CFM'S marked somewhere on the fan or on the furnace somewhere. When looking at the A coil I assume that it also must be somewhere in the spec's
      Thanks
      Rick

Comment

A few manufacturers have wide smaller tonnage coils. What brand are you looking at, and what brand/width/btu rating is your furnace?

Comment

Working...
        X