Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blower motor/Capacitor

HVAC pros,
    I usually get my furnace parts from a local shop downtown but I noticed that a vast network of furnace websites are available if the part is not needed that very day. Does anyone have experience with these websites like expertappliance.com or americanhvacparts.com, etc?
    One remodeling job has furnace with a squealing blower motor and I will replace it with a new motor plus matching capacitor (highly recommended to be changed at the same time, right?). I usually bring the entire unit into the shop to make sure I got the right parts but ordering online makes me a bit nervous about getting the wrong part.
    York Stellar
    model#P3UCD12N06101A
    Appreciate any help/suggestions.
    Last edited by reConx; 04-26-2008, 07:45 AM.

Re: Blower motor/Capacitor

Originally posted by reconx View Post
    HVAC pros,
    I usually get my furnace parts from a local shop downtown but I noticed that a vast network of furnace websites are available if the part is not needed that very day. Does anyone have experience with these websites like expertappliance.com or americanhvacparts.com, etc?
    One remodeling job has furnace with a squealing blower motor and I will replace it with a new motor plus matching capacitor (highly recommended to be changed at the same time, right?). I usually bring the entire unit into the shop to make sure I got the right parts but ordering online makes me a bit nervous about getting the wrong part.
    York Stellar
    model#P3UCD12N06101A
    Can't help you with the York part but...

I am also a bit nervous ordering motors online. Most places won't let you return electrical parts if it's wrong.

I have recently had good luck with Heatcoolparts.com.

Needed a variable speed blower for my Carrier FK4B airhandler (ECM 2.3) Couldn't find this part anywhere. Can't buy Carrier parts over the counter. No crossover to other manufacturers.

Quoted for over $1,300 for a BLOWER MOTOR replacement by local service company....sheesh what a racket!

Heatcoolparts had a online technical service $18.00 per incident for us Do-it-Yourself types. Not a bad deat at all IMO when you are looking to spend big bucks on a motor.

Comment

[quote=plumberscrack;138471]Can't help you with the York part but...

I am also a bit nervous ordering motors online. Most places won't let you return electrical parts if it's wrong.

PC, thanks, that sort of confirms my hesitation about ordering HVAC items online. Its not worth saving a few bucks online when I know when I bring the original parts to the local HVAC shop I will leave with the right items plus get some great advice. The are too many HVAC parts at this time that may or may not be interchangeable between brands and within the same brand.

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
        Can't help you with the York part but...

Needed a variable speed blower for my Carrier FK4B airhandler (ECM 2.3) Couldn't find this part anywhere. Can't buy Carrier parts over the counter. No crossover to other manufacturers.

Quoted for over $1,300 for a BLOWER MOTOR replacement by local service company....sheesh what a racket!

Heatcoolparts had a online technical service $18.00 per incident for us Do-it-Yourself types. Not a bad deat at all IMO when you are looking to spend big bucks on a motor.

$1300? This is exactly why our company has stayed away from ECM / variable speed furnaces. Our Amana Rep keeps telling me how few motors they've had to replace, but when one dies, and I've got to charge a customer $600, $900, or $1200 to replace the blower motor on a 6 year old furnace, they're going to call me a crook! It seems to me that Carrier parts are particularly expensive. (Lennox too)

Comment

model#P3UCD12N06101A

This is a 60KBTUH furnace, Counterflow, I think.
          On a service call, I would replace it with a generic 1/3 HP blower motor and new capacitor.

We're a service company, but people come to us for parts. When someone buys something like a blower motor, I tell them no warranty, no returns. It's really easy to wire it up wrong and kill a brand new motor.

Comment

Working...
          X