X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rheem gas furnace

I have a Rheem Imperial 80+ Gas furnace which I took the cover off of yesterday so I could replace the filter. I bought and installed the new filter today and the pilot will not relight. Any ideas what could be wrong?

Re: Rheem gas furnace

There's a door safety switch that is probably not made. You likely do not have the cover on correctly.
    sigpic

Comment

Dont hold me too it (As I dont see a lot of Rheem units around here anymore), but I thought those had electronic ignition instead of a standing pilot.

RuudACGUY will be around sometime and clear this up I am sure.

Regards,

Comment

You are absolutley right. I have a Rheem 80+ and it has no standing pilot.
        It has what they call a hot plate, or electronic ignition.

Comment

The 80+ has a hot surface ignitor. You should see an orange glow inside the burner area when the unit starts. After ignition the ignitor will go off.
          sigpic

Comment

If you replace the HSI (Hot Surface Ignitor), make sure you do not touch the business end of it with you skin. IF you do, it will break when trying to heat up.

I usually wear a pair of rubber gloves when installing them if they are in a difficult place for large hands to work.

Regards,

Comment

Working...
            X