Inducer motor running for no reason!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inducer motor running for no reason!

I have a Bryant evolution plus 90i furnace that has this annoying habit of the inducer motor running whenever it wants to. This is besides the regular heating or cooling cycle.
    It will start up and run a couple of revolutions every so often, sometimes several times an hour, sometimes hardly at all. That's all it does, run then stop, nothing else. Other than that, the furnace runs no problem.

If any one has ideas or something I could try I'd really appreciate it. My installer is not a service guy so he has no idea what's wrong.

Ray

Re: Inducer motor running for no reason!

Look for the limit thermal sensor and be sure all connections are good. On my Carrier furnace about the age of your Bryant if the connections are not good then the draft inducer runs until things are corrected. In case of overheating of the heat exchanger the inducer will run.

With power shut off to your furnace look at all the quick connect connections and be sure they are fully seated.

When your thermostat is calling for heat does everything run properly?

Comment

Re: Inducer motor running for no reason!

Everything looks good, checked every connection I could see, even all the spade terminals.

It works properly other than this unauthorized action.
      I'm sitting in the same area as the furnace, no heat is coming on, no cooling needed, and yet it will run. Tonight it seems to be about every 15 minutes. Sometimes a couple of revolutions, sometimes almost up to full speed. Then off again for 15 minutes or so.
      No codes either.

Ray

Comment

Working...
      X