X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tempstar A C

Hi i am new to this site & i need your help please.
    I have 2 homes.
    1 house i live in is a 2 story & the next house my son & 2 GB live in.
    I build both house in 1998 & i have in my 2 story home a tempstar AC for down stairs & one for upstairs & also in the house where my Son lives WHICH IS A 1 story house i also have a Tempstar A C.
    i HAD A CO. PUT THE H/AC IN i didnot ask for a certain HEATING/ COOLING
    SYSTEM so i ended up with 3 tempstars and they have been nothing but trouble i have paid more in service charges & repairs that i proulbly pay for all 3 unites.Now this has been coing on sense 1998 from the 1st winter
    & the people that put them in woun;t do anything about it.What can i do?
    I am tempting to beat them into peices and put the beating A/C in the co. parking lot.I paid cash for them & i can't aford to keep putting out money.
    Times are hard & now it id hot again.Every season i have to call someone to come fix them.Help please.Don't buy a tempstar.I am thinking about putting a sign in my yard also(Don't buy a Tempstar Thanks

Re: Tempstar A C

I am sorry to hear of your troubles.

First, dont blame the equipment. Residential AC is all about the installation. There are many very satisfied Tempstar customers out there.

It sounds to me like you need to get a new contractor.

With that said, you may need new equipment DUE TO A HACK INSTALL.

I would suggest you find a competent contractor and have them come out and take a look.

Comment

I have to agree. I have installed and serviced tempstar equipment and found it to be of good quality. I suspect most of the problems you are experiancing are due to faulty installation. Call another contractor out or see if you can get the tempstar rep to come out.
      sigpic

Comment

Thanks guys. I have to a differant co.Ihave used this guy for about 6 yrs now
        and he said that Tempstar was no good.I just had to have back out today to gas it up.I had to have all 3 gased up last year. It has been a constant battle. Before i build this house i had bought a older home & livede in it for 20 yrs and it was old when i got it & never had a proublem with the A/C.
        Sure wish i could find a REP.to come look at it. Thanks so much.
        It cost me $175.00 to day.

Comment

Again, the problem is with the contractor you are using. If he is coming out and adding refrigerant, he is not solving your problem. You have a leak somewhere.

Your contractor just adding refrigerant and not finding and fixing the leak is just irresponsible.

FIND ANOTHER CONTRACTOR.

Comment

Originally posted by biscuit View Post
            Again, the problem is with the contractor you are using. If he is coming out and adding refrigerant, he is not solving your problem. You have a leak somewhere.

Your contractor just adding refrigerant and not finding and fixing the leak is just irresponsible.

FIND ANOTHER CONTRACTOR.

If he knowingly adds refrigerant to a leaking system, without repairing the leak it's not only irresponsible, it's illegal.
            sigpic

Comment

I betcha you could locate the leak by looking for the sloppiest brazed joint...ten to one someone on the original install struggled with a bad joint and finally gave up.
              OR, the lines were soldered rather than brazed.

Comment

You know, If I see one more "silver soldered" a\c joint, or have to listen to some stupid #$%^ tell me that silver soldering a\c lines is ok, I'm gonna go ballistic on him.

Last time. Spend the money for a decent torch and learn how to properly braze a joint or GET OUT OF THE BUSINESS
                sigpic

Comment

An R-22 system can leak 49 pounds of referigerant per year and still be legal.

Chances are the 'Hempstar' has a leaky evaporator.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruudacguy View Post
                    An R-22 system can leak 49 pounds of referigerant per year and still be legal.

Chances are the 'Hempstar' has a leaky evaporator.
                    Is this true?

Comment

Well the wording isnt exactly like I remember it being when I took my test in 1995.

http://www.epa.gov/ozone/title6/608/leak.html

Comment

Working...
                      X