No announcement yet.

Amana AMV9 High-Eff. Furnace - any good??

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amana AMV9 High-Eff. Furnace - any good??

I'm considering installing an Amana AMV9 High Eff. furnace along with an Amana 14 SEER A/C into our newly purchased house, but I am wondering if anyone can tell me if they're any good. In my last house I put in a Carrier H/E furnace which was great. But with the new rebates and the overall price, I'm considering the Amana. Anyone got some experience or insights?

Re: Amana AMV9 High-Eff. Furnace - any good??

Go for it!
    We sell and install Amana AMH95 furnaces.
    We've been selling Amana since 1999, and we've been quite happy. The quality seems very good. We haven't had an unusual number of repair issues, and their heat exchangers are the best in the business. (IMHO)
    Also, lifetime heat exchanger warranty and 10 year parts warranty.

We don't sell the variable speed furnaces. My boss has misgivings about those ECM motors. He doesn't want to be the one to deal with an angry customer when the motor needs to be replaced and it's out of warranty, and it ends up being $900 or more to the customer, and they have to wait 3 days to get heat. With 10 year warranties, he might change his mind.

Our Amana tech / training / warranty guy tells us that they have had negligible failures, and that we shouldn't worry.