National Skills Usa Contest

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Skills Usa Contest

Aaaahhh, it's Friday eve!!! Tomorrow is the last day of work for me until August 1. Getting ready for the National Skills USA contest in Kansas City. This sstudent organization used to called VICA (Vocational Industrial Clubs of America) up until about 2004 then it went to Skills USA. Have any of you all out there ever been to this national contest or might have been a member once upon a time? If you have not, I will inform you that it is the biggest display of skilled labor in the entire world. I have been involved with this organization in one form or another for the past 19 years. Nationals will continue to be held in Kansas City until 2014, then it is coming back to Louisville, KY. Check out www.skillsusa.org for a listing of events held during the last week of June. Plumbing, HVAC, sheet metal, residential wiring, auto, diesel, marine, culinary arts, cosmetology, masonry, etc.... I could go on and on. Check it out if you get the chance. I am taking a seven person team out there to compete in a contest called Opening and Closing Ceremony. Gonna be a good time. Later, JONESY
    Last edited by JONESY; 06-12-2008, 01:47 PM.

Re: National Skills Usa Contest

Jonsey, I have to pick your brain sometime on this one. I'm heading out there next year to check it out. Our tech ctr. sends several teams from other trades. We will probably compete in the plumbing competition next year and both plumbing and hvac the year after.
    sigpic

Comment

Its pretty neat, one of my Project Managers has a son who one the state title for the last two years and will be going there next week I believe. He was also there last year.

Regards,

Comment

I fully agree with the positive sentiment. RIDGID is a sponsor of the event. I just sent a few pallets of tools out to Kansas City as awards for the winners of the Plumbing competition. The national competition is great to attend for two reasons:

One, it is very motivating to see the top performers of the next generation showing of their talents on such a stage. Makes me feel great about our industry

Two, it is quite a spectacle. Feels like a trade show with buzz in the air

Best of luck to everyone that has particpants making the trip.

Comment

didn't we just have one last week

the ridgid roundup

actually back in 1981 bank of america sponsored an annual event.

bank of america achievement award.

the spoiled kid from beverly hills beat me

not saying it was fixed but his dad was the superintendent of the school district

too bad he didn't show up to the roundup.

i would have owned him

rick.

good job darren.

i always support jr. achievement.

i buy a box of chocolate
          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
            didn't we just have one last week

the ridgid roundup

actually back in 1981 bank of america sponsored an annual event.

bank of america achievement award.

the spoiled kid from beverly hills beat me

not saying it was fixed but his dad was the superintendent of the school district

too bad he didn't show up to the roundup.

i would have owned him

rick.

good job darren.

i always support jr. achievement.

i buy a box of chocolate

Ill bet that spoiled kid doesnt have 42 K60s, 20 K7500s 15 K50s though huh
            The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Working...
            X