Problems with lenox condensers?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with lenox condensers?

At a bbq today when we heard a huge shriek and discovered my neighbors condensors sprung a leak and refrigerant was blowing all over the place. I could clearly see the leak at the u-tube of the condenser(factory brazed). Come to find out that 4 of my neighbors have had the same problem and all have the same lenox ac units. Anybody else having these problems?
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: Problems with lenox condensers?

Ben

Please do this forum a huge favor. Try to check all of them out for proper installation, what company and techs installed them, when and what model(s) they are. The more info you can obtain and post the better.

Comment

Quite a bit of lennox in this part of the world, haven't seen any condenser problems that fit that description. 410a or 22?
      spodelee

Until lions have their own storytellers, stories of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter

Comment

Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by Woussko View Post
          Ben

Please do this forum a huge favor. Try to check all of them out for proper installation, what company and techs installed them, when and what model(s) they are. The more info you can obtain and post the better.
          I didn't forget about you but I wanted to post a pic of the date plate but my camera went out. I don't know what company installed it but it looks to be a good install. They put the sight glass next to the evaporator, temperature well in the liquid line, etc. It is straight ac with gas heat. The only thing I can think of is that they had a bad batch get missed by qc.
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Ben

It takes time getting all the info together. I have a big Lenox dealer in my area that's been selling and servicing Lenox for a long time. I was going to run the info by their service manager, but he would need all the info we can get him before he could research it.

Shhhh Personally I have and like older YORK R22 condenser units. They just keep on running away with little problems if properly installed. I am not an HVAC installer. I had mine put in by someone I know that is good. He has done others in my area and they have served well for a good long time. Mine has to be 10 if not more years old and runs great. All I do is keep him nice and cleaned out. No leaks, original installation R22 charge, none added or needed

Comment

Lenox elite
              M/N HS29-030-5P
              S/N 5805H30336

This is the unit that lost the charge. York isn't known for there residential line here. You do see them a lot on commercial units. This is trane and goodman country. Goodman is alright but easy to fix as there are very few controls.
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                Lenox elite
                M/N HS29-030-5P
                S/N 5805H30336

This is the unit that lost the charge. York isn't known for there residential line here. You do see them a lot on commercial units. This is Trane and Goodman country. Goodman is alright but easy to fix as there are very few controls.
                I'll give him the info and see what we comes back with. This make take a week or two for him to reply.

Comment

Working...
                X