X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Aquastat and wiring question

Hi Instead of dealing with the complexities and numerous adjustments associated with an out door reset, such as the taco, tekmar, honeywell, etc. I would recommend taking a look at the more sophisticated type economizer Intellicon HW+ the unit is a very simple install and uses the actual heat load of the boiler / furnace to determine and minimize cycling and hot water temp, it also takes into consideration domestic hot water requirements and has a mfg's guarantee to reduce energy consumption by at least 10% or you recive your money back, the other mfg's dont offer the same. I have over 75 installations in the field and all so far have achieved at least the 10% savings and go as high as 27%. Check out the website for additional info. http://stores.ebay.com/Green-Heating-Systems The device is pretty sophisticated and has an LCD to show instanous savings in addition to liftime savings, it also may be fine tuned with limits and pre-purge to maximize efficiency....

Comment

Intellicon and the Beckett Heat manager are one in the same. Nice spam job though.
      sigpic

Comment

Happy to report, it's been about a month now of having the blue wire disconnected from the aquastat, the boiler is functioning like I had hoped for. Noticed no side effects, wait, there was one I saved a bunch of oil. Sure saved more than inflating my tires to the proper pressure (need the softer ride in my old age).

Paul
        "Corripe Cervisiam"

Comment

cant get the blue wire off the spade , comes out about 1/8 inch and stops like it is catching on something. any suggestions and did it make a cold start when removing.
          have a steel boiler with a new L8124E aquastat on it , it is just for heat and does not have a tankless coil , have a separate heater for domestic water. thought about cutting the wire, could be spliced if dont work

Comment

Working...
          X