Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sizing oil burner nozzles

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
    Hey now, there's still 1/3 more btu's in and equivilant amount of #2 fuel oil.
    Not to mention you can't get natural gas everywhere, and heating any significant space with electricity is just crazy (at least at $.25kWh).

Comment

Originally posted by nhmatt View Post
      Hands down, gas is better than oil. The equipment is cheaper. The service is cheaper. The efficiency is better. The versatility is better. Its quieter. NO CONTEST. Even if you save a tiny bit over the cost of gas you still have to have a service tech come out every year, and a decent tech nowadays is not $50 bucks w/ an adjustable wrench and a soot vac. If you can't get gas then that's the only excuse to have oil, and that's my excuse. I've got two tanks and I'm hoping for another drop before I run out.

Now, there's a big difference between gas and propane. Propane is just plain stupid unless you live in a trailer. Or South of Virginia.

OIL 140,000 BTU'S........Gas......I Belive is 91,500? Per gallon if you do the math.....So You do the math

Comment

installing the indirect fired water heater would save you money if you don't convert to gas, a boiler with a tankless coil is 15% less eficent as a cold start boiler because you have a hot lump of cast that cools off and cycles when there is no hot water usage. a hot water maker is better insulated and can sit warm all day without calling for heat also if you stay with oil and chose not to use the watermaker use two boilers one with a domestic coil (lead boiler) and one without (lag boiler) and a staging control for example a weil mclain wtgo-3 and a wgo-4 and a bcp-3 staging control
        "Do it so you can go to sleep at night."

Comment

Working...
        X