X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High Velocity A/C

I was watching TOH and Trethewey was showing what he referred to as "high velocity A/C" or something to that effect. Little 4" round registers and I could swear he said no return. I don't know anything about A/C but it seemed new to me.

Why would this be used and is something we're going to see more?

J.C.

Re: High Velocity A/C

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
    I was watching TOH and Trethewey was showing what he referred to as "high velocity A/C" or something to that effect. Little 4" round registers and I could swear he said no return. I don't know anything about A/C but it seemed new to me.

Why would this be used and is something we're going to see more?

J.C.
    Its used in houses around here that do not have ductwork. Easier then installing ducts throughout. It is pretty expensive.

Comment

They definatly do have a return. They tend to be expensive to purchase though less time consuming to install so it sort of balances out. If not installed correctly they can also be a bit noisy and even if they are installed correctly they make more noise than conventional systems do.
      sigpic

Comment

Manufactured by Unico. A niche product for limited access applications. Only avaialbe in heat pump or cooling only. If a heat pump doesn't make economic sense in your area, then you would need an alternate heating source.
        spodelee

Until lions have their own storytellers, stories of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter

Comment

Working...
        X