• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goodman Equip.

Goodman HVAC equipment. Good or bad?

J.C.

Re: Goodman Equip.

Not the worst but not the best. Shop installer then go with whatever unit they're selling.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
      Goodman HVAC equipment. Good or bad?

J.C.
      It's all throw away junk these days - no different than a decent washer or dryer / IMHO.

Goodman = 9-13 years then toss
      Other majors (Carrier, Trane, etc...) = 11-15 years then toss

Depending on maintenance & repair practices of course.

Rather than spend a bunch on a brand, your money might be better invested in well designed and quality fabricated air distribution. Especially if your energy rates are high.
      spodelee

Until lions have their own storytellers, stories of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
        Not the worst but not the best. Shop installer then go with whatever unit they're selling.
        That too
        spodelee

Until lions have their own storytellers, stories of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter

Comment

I never met a Janitrol that I didn't like!!! I've installed many a Junkatrol!!! Just as good as anybody elses equipment. Pull the pretty name tags off of 'em and they're all the same.

Later, Jonesy

Comment

Goodman has come a long ways since the Janitrol days. Do they have a higher rate of initial failures if measured against Trane...maybe. I believe you might find it is because more Goodmans are installed by low-skiilled installers. They do sell a ton of stuff to the apartment trade. So a lot of seemingly bad units may in reality be bad installs.

Comment

Working...
            X