Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New boiler install

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • New boiler install

    Heres one we have been working on as a fill in for the spring/summer.

    (2) Smith 6 section steam boilers twinned in with a welded drop header for dryer steam. 2 pipe low pressure steam system. Powerflame modulating gas burners. Lead/lag set-up.

    Boiler plant was moved to a new location and installed on a 36" pad due to water issues. The best part about this job was that we didnt have to dismantle the old one.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Masterplumb; 08-12-2008, 10:28 PM.

  • #2
    Re: New boiler install

    Originally posted by Masterplumb View Post
    Heres one we have been working on as a fill in for the spring/summer.

    (2) Smith 6 section steam boilers twinned in with a welded drop header for dryer steam. 2 pipe low pressure steam system. Powerflame modulating gas burners. Lead/lag set-up.

    Boiler plant was moved to a new location and installed on a 36" pad due to water issues. The best part about this job was that we didnt have to dismantle the old one.
    Now that's what craftmanship is all about! Makes me kinda tingly inside
    spodelee

    Until lions have their own storytellers, stories of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: New boiler install

      How long does something like that take to complete?
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: New boiler install

        We started it in July and are just finishing up. Like I said it was done as fill in work as we negotiated the whole summer to complete the job. Normally with a crew of 3 we can do it in about 2 straight weeks from soup to nuts.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: New boiler install

          Originally posted by Masterplumb View Post
          We started it in July and are just finishing up. Like I said it was done as fill in work as we negotiated the whole summer to complete the job. Normally with a crew of 3 we can do it in about 2 straight weeks from soup to nuts.
          Don't forget to check the gas pressure.

          Yeah, I know, I'm a smart ***

          spodelee

          Until lions have their own storytellers, stories of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: New boiler install

            Originally posted by spodelee View Post
            Don't forget to check the gas pressure.

            Yeah, I know, I'm a smart ***

            huh?

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: New boiler install

              Nice job-- i myself like installing large boilers--something about pressing 4" or 3" copper all day---hey, if u didnt know, they do have o rings for propress fittings that are made for low pressure steam--just found out online the other day--my supply houses didnt believe me until i showed them--and they supposedly know it all!!!!we just finished a steamer that used 300 ft of copper--man would i have loved to press that one

              anyway, nice job--looks good

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: New boiler install

                Originally posted by plumberjr View Post
                Nice job-- i myself like installing large boilers--something about pressing 4" or 3" copper all day---hey, if u didnt know, they do have o rings for propress fittings that are made for low pressure steam--just found out online the other day--my supply houses didnt believe me until i showed them--and they supposedly know it all!!!!we just finished a steamer that used 300 ft of copper--man would i have loved to press that one

                anyway, nice job--looks good
                Thank you. I am one of these young "old school" boiler guys that wont use copper on a steam boiler, unless of course youre talking about return lines. Not knocking it, but I was taught to use black pipe. I wouldn't trust a press fitting on steam.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: New boiler install

                  Originally posted by Masterplumb View Post
                  Thank you. I am one of these young "old school" boiler guys that wont use copper on a steam boiler, unless of course you're talking about return lines. Not knocking it, but I was taught to use black pipe. I wouldn't trust a press fitting on steam.
                  Think of what it would be like in the boiler room if a fitting did blow apart ...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: New boiler install

                    Originally posted by Masterplumb View Post
                    Thank you. I am one of these young "old school" boiler guys that wont use copper on a steam boiler, unless of course youre talking about return lines. Not knocking it, but I was taught to use black pipe. I wouldn't trust a press fitting on steam.
                    I've seen commercial boilers installed where some HACK made a real mess out of it. It's nice to see your good quality workmanship.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: New boiler install

                      Originally posted by Masterplumb View Post
                      huh?
                      I was being facetious. Obviously you do not need to be told to check the gas pressure. Sorry, bad joke.
                      spodelee

                      Until lions have their own storytellers, stories of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: New boiler install

                        Nice job. I see that you have your helper with you. When they find out he can't run a country he will have to be a plumber.
                        WE LIVE IN THE LAND OF THE FREE,
                        ONLY BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: New boiler install

                          Originally posted by Chauncey View Post
                          Nice job. I see that you have your helper with you. When they find out he can't run a country he will have to be a plumber.
                          Nah, he wont want to get his hands dirty.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: New boiler install

                            Originally posted by Masterplumb View Post
                            Nah, he wont want to get his hands dirty.
                            Wouldn't he need more experience to be a plumber than he has right now to be president.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X