Hot and Bothered

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot and Bothered

Hey - what is your all's choice of torch when brazing ACR systems? Mapp gas with a kick a** tip, acetylene b tank, or oxyacetylene? Just curious - I teach my students to use all three and thought I'd see what the rest of the HVACR community prefers.

Later, Jonesy

Re: Hot and Bothered

oxy acetylne with quick braze setup and captain hook tips.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
      oxy acetylne with quick braze setup and captain hook tips.
      Too pricey a rig for me right now.Love to get one and have Ben show me how to do a GOOD looking joint.
      For now it's acetyline.It's been workin' for me for over twenty.

Comment

B tank usually. Just because I'm too cheap to buy anything new. Been carying the same old Presto-Lite handle for 30 + years now.
        sigpic

Comment

I used a B-tank with a TurboTorch for years. Just a couple years ago I had the hose come loose while I was brazing and it caught fire in my hand. By the time I got the tank shut off it had burnt up pretty good. That was when I bought my first oxy-acetylene setup. I'll never go back. Its kinda nice being able to hear yourself think when brazing.

A few weeks ago I bought the Smith QuickBraze, hoses, handle, and tips for $150 on Ebay. I put them on my Prestolite rig. Its going to take some getting used to, but when I do those fittings arent going to know what hit them. Awesome setup for sure!

Andy

Comment

Working...
          X