Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lesson on metering devices

Good morning all,
    Gonna start teaching a lesson on metering devices tomorrow. I cover hand valves, automatic expansion valves, thermostatic expansion valves, electronic expansion valves, capillary tubes, orifices, and high side & low side floats. Anything in particular that I haven't touched on? Any ideas to help make this lesson a little more exciting for a bunch of high school seniors (besides strippers, beer, pizza, etc...)

Re: Lesson on metering devices

Too bad you're starting tomorrow. Sporlan has mountains of stuff including cut away's, power point's and lots of clip art on their stuff but you probably can't get it in time. Try www.danfoss.com they have a couple of good vids that you can download that cover txv's. The very best thing you could get is a Hampden HVAC trainer (check out their site) cost about 20 grand (you need Perkins funds) but the thing is amazing. Has everything you will ever need to explain and better yet demonstrate cap tube' and txv's and even reversing valves.
    sigpic

Comment

Here's a picture of the one I have.
      Attached Files
      sigpic

Comment

That's really nice NHMaster. Nice to see the effort put into teaching the trades.
        Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

Working...
        X