X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• before and after

Started a furnace and air replacement yesterday afternoon. I went back today to finish it up. This time I actually remembered to take pictures. Furnace is a UGRL09 90k 95% 2 stage, ac is UAPL 036 14 seer R-410a with new 7/8 lines and coil. It also got a Honeywell air cleaner, IAQ, TrueSteam, and concentric vent kit.
    Attached Files

Re: before and after

Maybe I'm missing them but I do not see any gas stops on either the WH or the furnace.

Edit: OK, I just went back and looked at pic #3 closly and see the stop on the furnace,
    but still don't see one on the WH which I assume was not part of this job.
    Last edited by Bob D.; 10-26-2008, 07:48 AM.
    ---------------
    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
    ---------------
    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
    ---------
    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
    ---------
    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

I did not install the WH, and yes there is a gas cock on it.

Not sure why the third pic ended up sideways.

Andy
      Attached Files

Comment

Here'a acouple of Acheiver's I twinned last year. Love the 90 ++
        Attached Files
        sigpic

Comment

Nice work Andy

How do you like that Honeywell Truesteam? I've been thinking about putting one of those in my house

Any concerns about the 3" water heater flue dumping into the 6" or 7" chimney by itself?

Comment

The TrueSteams are awesome! They have the 6, 9, and 12 gallon. This job got the 9 gallon. They do pull alot of power which concerns me a little, but they are still the best thing going for humidification. I recommend using it with the VisionPro IAQ stat. It makes wiring and setup really simple.

The remote mounting kits are awesome, but ridiculously overpriced. My supplier is 'working' on Honeywell to get the price of the nozzles reduced. We can buy our own 3/4" heater hose.

I have 2 6 gallons to put on my furnaces, but I want to get a tank in my hot water system first.

I'd post a picture of this one, but one of my guys did a crappy job of beating the plenum transition together and the pittsburgh looks like crap. In the context of the entire job it looks fine (considering what the rest of the basement looked like) but the picture doesnt do my work any justice.

I'm not really worried about the water heater. Our codes use the 7 times rule. The common flue cant be more than 7 times bigger than the WH flue. The 3" on the heater is 9.61 square inches which would allow venting into a pipe or tile 67 square inches. The 7" is just short of 39.

Thanks!
            Andy

Comment

I found a couple pics of some apartment stuff I did a couple months ago. This is just a builders model, but I really like relocating and hanging them.

Andy
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X