X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HWH, converting to a dual zone System

I am converting my HWH system from a single zone to a dual zone. Have a Honeywell aqua-stat #L8148E and two Honeywell #V8043F 1036 zone valves already mounted with two therm. Can anyone help with a wiring schematic or instructions for same. Thanks

Re: HWH, converting to a dual zone System

There are a few different ways to wire zone valves but this method is by far the easiest. Especially if you've never done it before.

Purchase a Taco Zone Valve Control model ZVC402 or ZVC403

Wiring diagram can be acessed here:
    http://www.taco-hvac.com/en/library.html

It works with 2, 3 or 4 wire zone valves

Comment

At the very lest you will need a switching relay like a honneywell R845 to call the circulator and make the burner fire. Wiring diagram comes with the relay.
      sigpic

Comment

Hey budrae,
        This switch is really kinda easy assuming you have some wiring exp. Pick yourself up a Taco ZVC403 mount that where you want it Make sure the power is off to the unit. disconnect your TT on your Aquastat and add them both into thermostat 1&2 on your New control Wire your zone valves and hook them into your coresponding zone valve spot (1 or 2) depening on what zones what. Now on you new control you will see A set of dry contacts that say end switch run a piece of thermostat wire down to your TT that you took off the aquastat and hook them in. Run a new piece of FMC or greenfeild from you aquastat to the ZVC steal power off of L1&L2 on the aquastat and hook to the same on the ZVC turn your power back on and you should be all set
        Just wanted to post this because most of taco's wiring diagrams are kida tough for somone just looking at them for the first time

HWH, converting to a dual zone System
        I am converting my HWH system from a single zone to a dual zone. Have a Honeywell aqua-stat #L8148E and two Honeywell #V8043F 1036 zone valves already mounted with two therm. Can anyone help with a wiring schematic or instructions for same. Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X