X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Viessmann

I'm curious if any of you have experience with the Viessmann products (boilers, solar heating panels, indirect fired tanks, etc.) out there. I'm trying to expand my knowledge and thinking of going to their "academy" sessions, which introduce you to their products and help you learn the in's and out's of them. Never installed one of their boilers but I am becoming quite interested in the idea of it.

Re: Viessmann

Absoultly top shelf stuff. Very high quality, very pricey also. go to the school, you will like it.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
      Absoultly top shelf stuff. Very high quality, very pricey also. go to the school, you will like it.
      Yea, what he said

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
        The Vitodens 100 is actually going for around $2200...Not alot of control, can only run 1 pump, mostly good for producing one temperature, otherwise you're gonna end up spending alot of extra money on controls. Also the burner is quite inferior to the Vitodens 200. You'll find all about their state of the art burners in the classroom. The 200 is comparable with the IBC 15-150 in price and performance. I find the IBC has better controls and is more user friendly. Also its notable to mention there is a recall on the Vito 200 for boilers made between 2004-2006. Some possible leak n the gas valve.
        West Trail Mechanical Ltd
        Service. Commitment. Expertise.

www.westtrailmechanical.ca

Comment

Originally posted by bigPipe09 View Post
          The Vitodens 100 is actually going for around $2200...Not alot of control, can only run 1 pump, mostly good for producing one temperature, otherwise you're gonna end up spending alot of extra money on controls. Also the burner is quite inferior to the Vitodens 200. You'll find all about their state of the art burners in the classroom. The 200 is comparable with the IBC 15-150 in price and performance. I find the IBC has better controls and is more user friendly. Also its notable to mention there is a recall on the Vito 200 for boilers made between 2004-2006. Some possible leak n the gas valve.
          First things first are you talking about the Wall hung gas boilers or you talking about Oil fired? And the vitodens 200 are not all being recalled...And you can only run one pump?? The recall is for January 2002 through December 2007

Comment

wall hung gas fired....and yes the vitodens 100 can only run 1 pump with the factory control. The info on the recall I heard through the grapevine was wrong, its actually 2002-2007.

http://www.cbc.ca/consumer/recalls/2...ilers_due.html
            West Trail Mechanical Ltd
            Service. Commitment. Expertise.

www.westtrailmechanical.ca

Comment

Scott What exactly is it you want to know about them??

Comment

Brandon,

To answer your question - I want to know these boilers like I know IBC Boilers. I can pipe IBC's in my sleep for the most part and am familiar somewhat with the controls (I could wire them up in a basic fashion to heat a house but that's about it, but that's because the company I work for has a seperate control crew - they are pretty simple that way, plus I love the digital display). The IBC's are very installer friendly, the instructions are in plain english, they are located in Vancouver which is local to me, and overall they're a great boiler - quite durable & reliable, good product support, etc.. But there comes a time when you want to expand your knowledge a bit and I think learning Viessmann would be a good way to go as an alternative not just for a boiler, but to learn about other options out there and keep an open mind. Also, right now as it stands, IBC only offers 2 boilers - the 15-150, which is a GREAT boiler but a little overkill for your average house (15,000 to 150,000 BTU's) although it is superior to the Viessmann & Buderus Condensing/modulating offerings because it modulates much lower (the Viessmann & Buderus Smallest Vitodens modulates down to around 25,000-29,000 or so, the IBC modulates down to 15,0000 as I just mentioned), and the IBC 45-225 which is a 45,000-225,000 modulationg condensing boiler. I have heard IBC has plans to expand their line up to come out with a 90,0000 or 100,000 BTU modulating boiler and a big daddy 399,000 daddy but I'm not sure how far away they are.

The only problem with IBC is like I mentioned their smallest boiler is a little large for most, but it's also the price. The Smaller Buderus Wall Hung condensing boilers and the Vitodens 100 are much cheaper in price than the IBC 15-150 (about $2500-3500 versus $5000+). So for the average guy who wants to upgrade or is thinking about it, he might be priced out with an IBC 15-150 but in the price range with a Viessmann or Buderus smaller offering. Now having said that objectively, I may learn about the Vitodens models and come to the conclusion that they are not worth it. While IBC includes virtually everything with their boilers, I've heard Viessmann nickels and dimes you with add on's. IBC Boilers come with an Outdoor reset, built in controls that will control primary pump plus 3 seconday heating loads, a digital display, and they even come with the condensate trap pre-cut for you, as well as the tee to connect the condesnate trap to your venting system. The IBC's have much better gas & boiler connections in a lot of cases.

Also, the other thing is Viessmann offers Solar heating products which I want to become more familiar with so might as well take the time to learn it all.

I just grabbed the Vitodens 200 binder from the office the other day so I got some reading to carry me by for a while.

Also - I keep hearing how much better the European stuff is than what we have. So doing some digging into what Viessmann has to offer may help me make an objective comparison to see how far they actually are, if even at all.

Comment

I have been searching and reading the forums to decide if I want to start installing Viessmann oil fired boilers. I am encouraged by what I read.

I would be selling it instead of and in addition to Burnham LE and MPO models.

I was an Energy Kinetics dealer years ago, and I want to replace my personal 25 year old system with something else that I would be also selling.
                  I have been using other brands of low mass, cold start boilers as a substitute for the EK but am ready to join the high mass ranks.
                  There are several reasons: 1- My favorite, the Laars Max is no longer available in oil. 2- The Burnham price has gone up tremendously every year for four yrs. Now an LE is $1700, last year I paid $1400, the yr before it was $1100 and $900 a yr before that!

At 1700 it is right next to a Viessman Viterond 100 at $1900. The Burnham MPO models are around $2000. We have a good distributer here so that is an advantage to have the support and they are popular for that reason.

The Viessmann jumps to around $3000 for the much more attractive Vitola 200 line. I am tempted to put that in my house to replace the old System 2000. It would be interesting to see just how long the EK would last, but I care more about trying out something that I would be selling now. I don't have to test a Burnham because it is the biggest seller here.

The advantage of the oil Viterond 100 is that it costs $1000 less, and uses Beckett or Riello burners which anyone in town can tune and repair.

The Vitola 200 has the advantage of shutting off when not in use and running cooler with the electronic outdoor reset. I suspect that that would pay back in higher efficiency. It does not use the popular common oil burners though.

I am most concerned with reliability, efficiency and ease of service and repair.

Comment

Very easy to service. The burner is only held in by 4 screws. Its amazingly simple to work on. They are actually designed to last about 40 years. Ive never had an issue with the V 200 yet. They just fire up and then you forget about it litteraly. The thing actually figures out by itself how rich to make the fuel going in. You can actually have like 2 inch of water column on the gas at the lowest ? wich i think is insane but thats just me. And yet the thing will run properly. I think its probably the best boiler ive ever installed. Personally when i can afford it thats whats going in my house

Comment

I am looking for oil burnering boilers. Wrong place I guess.

Comment

Working...
                      X