X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wondering about TXV's

Hello to all!! new to this forum. and i Just want to know if any of you are having trouble with the RHEEM split units, having bad TXV's? I have installed several split units,heat pumps and split gas, and it seems like I've had to run alot of call backs, only to find that the TXV's are stuck...anyone else seeing this?
    Last edited by amsman7602; 11-21-2008, 03:29 PM.

Re: wondering about TXV's

Probably installed about 100 coils this year and I had 1 bad TXV. It was on a RCFAHM2417. So far no bad ones on the RCFL.

Andy

Comment

the most recent was,on RPRL-060-JEZ.Dual fuel heat pump. just wondering if there was a problem with them or if maybe, my team is doing something wrong...

Comment

Did ya contact Rheem and ask them? If they are having txv failures they will let you know.
        sigpic

Comment

What was the model number of the coil?

Andy

Comment

The most common problem I have seen is technicians diagnosing bad TXVs when in reality the valve was a pressure limiting type and consequently, the tech was seeing high (but normal) superheat during high load conditions. Particularly at start-up on a warm day.
            spodelee

Until lions have their own storytellers, stories of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter

Comment

Originally posted by spodelee View Post
              The most common problem I have seen is technicians diagnosing bad TXVs when in reality the valve was a pressure limiting type and consequently, the tech was seeing high (but normal) superheat during high load conditions. Particularly at start-up on a warm day.
              Supposed to check charge with subcool when unit has TXV.
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                Supposed to check charge with subcool when unit has TXV.
                Yep, unfortunately that doesn't keep them from checking superheat anyway!
                spodelee

Until lions have their own storytellers, stories of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter

Comment

Working...
                X