X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with a Honeywell VisionPro TH8000 series

The thermostat does not fallow the program. I have the stat programmed to go from 56 to 68 at 6:00AM, at 4:50 AM the (set to) temp jumps to 68 the inside temp is 60, the exhaust fan comes on but heat wont start for several minutes when it does start it runes for about 5 minutes and stops (inside temp still at 60) but the exhaust fan keeps running. This will continue about every 15 minutes. This just started a few days ago and this is the second stat.

Thanks, Chuck

Re: Problem with a Honeywell VisionPro TH8000 series

The VisionPro has Intellegent Recovery. That means at 6:00 the temperature in the room will be 68 degrees not come on at 6:00. It knows how long it will take to bring the room up to 68 from 60. This will include a few short cycles starting around 4:30.

Be sure the VisionPro is setup to match your system. i.e. gas, oil, electric, forced air, hot water. These settings make a big difference in the number of cycles.

When you say "exhaust" fan do you mean the blower fan?

Hard to tell from your description but there could be a problem with the furnace limit switch

Comment

I guess it’s called an Inducer blower

Comment

Sounds like it is either a bad stat or it is not programmed correctly with the furnace you have.

I installed a Trane XV90 furnace with the vision pro 8000 two years ago. When I was all done the A/C would run when the heat was called for and running.

Turned out it was the thermostat wire. It was fine with the old thermostat and furnace.

Make sure you take the unit off the wall sit down at the table and go through all of the settings. My unit does what plumbers crack said. If you set it for 68 degrees at 6:00, it will be 68 at 6:00. Also check the fan setting, you should have it set to "Auto" and not "Circ".
        Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

PC nailed it. The problem is not with the stat, theres a problem with your furnace. Could be shutting off on over temperature limit, or if its a 90 plus there could be a problem with the condensate drain backing up. Certain Bryant/Carriers will shut off after about 15 minutes of run-time if the flame sensor is dirty then go into a 3 hour lock-out.

Call a good heating company and get them to fix the problem and service the rest of the furnace. You will save yourself some money in the long run.

Andy

Comment

it does sound like a furnace problem but you can turn the smart feature off during programm mode... i forget the actual function but it will allow your house to warm up without shutting off.... it may be an intergal function?

Comment

I have a Vision Pro TH8000. Going on the second season. The entire right side of the touch screen is unresponsive. My guess is that's the circuit board is dead. Has anyone else had this problem? My guess is that if i try to exercise the 5 year warrenty i will get the run-around. Any Ideas?

Comment

Has it always been that way? its possible the screen is partially locked. Try this, touch the setting (heat,cool,auto,off) when one of those is flashing you should have five empty boxes in the bottom of the screen. Touch and hold boxes 2 & 4, this will take you into installers setup mode. When the numbers pop up on screen, arrow up to option: 670, make sure the number to the right is 0. Press done and see if that fixes it.

Comment

Have you checked the filter? A clogged filter will cause the heat exchanger to get too hot, that when it kicks out on high limit.

Comment

Working...
                  X