weather king 90% furnace

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weather king 90% furnace

furnace is leaking water out of the intake air pipe.. its not condensing on outside, its draining into the burner section. vent and intake go stright up into a concentric and through the roof. also tripping inducer blower switch measured with monameter and it should be tripping out when it does. i think something got into vent and partially blocked causing flue gas to circulate back into intake but the inducer motor is running the rated amperage. took apart and inspeceted inducer motor/blower but found nothing wrong. anyone else have any ideas or more experience with this problem? im obiviously not moving enouph air since my pressure switch is tripping out right?

Re: weather king 90% furnace

Are you sure its the vent pressure switch thats opening, and not the blocked drain pressure switch? How many inches of water column did your manometer show, and what is the inches of water column rating on the pressure switch?

Did the termination cap fly off the end of the concentric? Ive installed hundreds just like you have mentioned and never had a problem like you are describing.

Andy

Comment

termination cap was okay even got on roof and made sure it was glued.. yes it is the inducer fan proving switch and measurement varied between -1.3" and -1.7" the trip is at -1.3" if u listen close u can hear it pulling in and out. if i jump the switch out the burner no longer cuts in and out,

Comment

1.3 to 1.7 is a huge variance. I have never seen one vary like that, but Im using a Dwyer Magnahelic and not a U-tube. Ive seen them read a steady 1.2 and when replaced with a new one it will read a solid 2.0.

Andy

Comment

r u thinking the switch is bad? do u have any explanation for the water coming down the intake air? thanks for your help and also i was using a digital mag.

Comment

No I dont think the switch is bad. The first thing I would do is verify the furnace is vented within the parameters set forth in the installation instructions. Length versus size, number of elbows, etc..

1.7" from the inducer with a 1.3" switch is too close IMO. You should be seeing a solid 2.0. See what your reading is with the exhaust pipe disconnected from the top of the furnace. If it stays about the same, you need a new inducer. If it rises, you have too great a restriction in the venting system which means is probably wasnt vented according to the manufacturers specs, or you could have heat exchanger issues.

Dont know what to think about the condensation in the intake. Possibly the outside of the pipe is exposed to too much latent heat causing condensation inside with the cold outside air. Thats about as far as my imagination can stretch.

Andy

Comment

resolved problem on leaking intake air... seems that the furnace never gets used because they have a wood burner in the home and the temp is about 75 the flue and the intake r sweating on the inside and dripping even if the furnace doesnt run for over 24hrs. the flue no prob but the intake is.. changed the intake pipping and added a 90 coming off of the furnace and into the bullhead of a tee put a drain off one side now problem is solved.. im not sure that if i insulated the pipe that this would have fixed the problem.. as far as the inducer fan i had a brain fart... i cleaned the condensate trap out but didnt check where the tube hooks on to the flue and of course when i went back it was plugged and water came rushing out.. still runs-1.8 but its steady and not jumping around... thanks for the help

Comment

Did you put a trap on the drain off the intake pipe?

Andy

Comment

yep sure did.... thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X