X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ventilation for remodeled bathroom

There is no ventilation in my bathroom now and I would like to put a fan in. There is no attic or crawl space in my house. Looking up at the ceiling, it is a layer of drywall, then insulation, then open space (6 inches) that allows air to pass through, and above that the underside of the roof. My concern with simply installing a fan is that it will let cold outside air in. Any ideas? Thx.

Re: Ventilation for remodeled bathroom

fan should have a baffle like a dryer vent does to block cold air and some critters.
    ---------------
    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
    ---------------
    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
    ---------
    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
    ---------
    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Re: Ventilation for remodeled bathroom

Chad13-It sounds as though your house has either a flat roof or very low rise in the roofing. My first ? would be, how far would the exhaust fan be from any exterior wall of your house? This warm, moist air needs to vented outside of the house to prevent mold/mildew. I would be looking at installing a way of venting the fan to the soffitt of the house or out the roof via the appropriate venting. I have done many of these and it's not difficult. I do not use the plastic flex vent hose used on clothes dryers, I wish they would outlaw these anyway. I only use the expandable aluminum type. Thanks, David

Comment

Working...
      X