Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slant/Fin Hot Water Boiler - Blower Issue

Hello,

I have a Slat/Fin Victory 120 natural gas boiler for my baseboard hot water heat.

Here's the problem: The vent blower for the exhaust cycles much longer then the burners. After the temperature is achieved, the burners turn off, but the blower for the exhaust flue keeps running and running. Sometimes it never shuts off.

The unit is 12 years old. I have owned this house for 6-years and never had the unit cleaned or serviced.
    Anyone have any ideas?

Re: Slant/Fin Hot Water Boiler - Blower Issue

Sounds like a pressure switch issue. Check the hoses for cracks and good connections. Switch may have become weak over time. Not uncommon to replace that part after 12 years. Check the blower wheel for dust or lint build up. Has the blower housing started to rust yet? Which control module is installed? Honeywell S86?

6 years without any service? Time to have a professional look it over anyways

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
      Sounds like a pressure switch issue. Check the hoses for cracks and good connections. Switch may have become weak over time. Not uncommon to replace that part after 12 years. Check the blower wheel for dust or lint build up. Has the blower housing started to rust yet? Which control module is installed? Honeywell S86?

6 years without any service? Time to have a professional look it over anyways
      Thanks for the reply.

The blower wheel was dirty, but no rust.

It's a Honeywell module s86.

Comment

Check for a stuck fan relay. Maybe sticking intermittently? There should be some sort of post purge, after the burners cycle the fan may run a bit before going off. Of course that depends on the controls. If the fan never shuts off, and you are at temp then I would suspect a stuck relay.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
        X