X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Split System

Anyone see last week's episode of This Old House? If so, did you see the A/C system they were installing? They put in two condensing units outside with four zones inside, one lineset for each and split the linesets inside to go to their respective zones. The condensing units were tall, about 5 feet, narrow, about 10 inches and about 4 feet wide, rectangular instead of circlular. Each zone had it's own t/stat and outside reset controls. I didn't get the brand name but have seen similar split systems from Mitsubishi. Two of the zones were ductless, the other two were ducted. It is a post and beam house with panelized construction so, not much space to hide ducting. Looked like a pretty neat system in that you only have to hide linesets and every thing is zoned for optimum energy efficiency.

Re: Split System

You can actually purchase these with 1 condenser for 4 inside zones. These mini-splits or ductless systems have been in use for many years overseas particularly in Asia. They are very efficient and good if use they way they were designed to be used. They are great for older homes where putting in alot of ductwork isn't cost effective. The Mitubishi ones are also about the most expensive.

Comment

Re: Split System

I have noticed a number of banks use these for the ATM enclosures. Sanyo is the brand I see in use around here most often.
      ---------------
      Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
      ---------------
      “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
      ---------
      "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
      ---------
      sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Working...
      X