X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• evap foam no rinse

I have a can of CAL-SPRAY self rinsing evaporator coil cleaner. Do I need to run the heat pump in AC mode to aid in rinsing the evaporator coil? If so, how long do I wait after spraying the foam before turning on the AC? The directions are somewhat vague.

Re: evap foam no rinse

Wow. I get to answer my own post.

I cleaned the evaporator coil with CAL-SPRAY, http://www.acmeref.biz/public/acmepu...l_evapfoam.pdf "evap foam no rinse" evaporator cleaner. After much research, I found that the proper way to clean the evaporator coil for my upflow heat pump was from underneath the A-Frame. The outdoor temp was 75° and ideal for running the AC for thirty minutes to rinse the coil after applying the no rinse foam spray (allowing 10 minutes for foam to set on the coil). I went one step further by utilzing a garden hose to thoroughly rinse the evaporator coil from underneath. Done!

Comment

Be careful with that hose lol it's easy to splash water under that a coil.
      Just slow, not stupid

Comment

Originally posted by hvaclover View Post
        Be careful with that hose lol it's easy to splash water under that a coil.
        Not a problem. I placed a plastic drop cloth on top covering the entire coil before rinsing with the garden hose. It did ge a little messy underneath to the return plenum. I wet vaced and allowed to dry before starting the system again.
        Last edited by zzxx; 04-09-2009, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X