X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lennox 5 ton gas pac

Working on a lennox 5 ton gas pac ,scroll compressor, R22 TXV metering device. 100 degree ambient temp

Tripping on HP switch.

Hook up gauges and reset switch, Pressures are perfect, check air flow and temp splits all groovy...

I have unit jumped out locally so I pull my jumper and think I see the problem...

Unit shuts off but only suction pressure raises up Head pressure stays almost the same and SLOWLY begins to fall, I mean slowly....

3 minutes HP fell 5 psi, 10 minutes and pressures still have not equalized (still 100 PSI difference)...

I'm using a recently calibrated set of JB digital DM-2 gauges with standard hoses (non low loss), shraders are functioning properly.

Your thoughts?

Re: Lennox 5 ton gas pac

I think you have a faulty HPS Bill. Ive never concerned myself with how fast or slow the pressures equalize after the unit shuts off. Just to be on the safe side I would verify the pressures with a second set of gauges just to make sure the unit isnt actually shutting off on high head pressure.

Andy

Comment

Re: Lennox 5 ton gas pac

Originally posted by Ruudacguy View Post
      I think you have a faulty HPS Bill. Ive never concerned myself with how fast or slow the pressures equalize after the unit shuts off. Just to be on the safe side I would verify the pressures with a second set of gauges just to make sure the unit isnt actually shutting off on high head pressure.

Andy
      I forgot to mention the merc bulb t-stat and lack of time delay, I will put a time delay on it Monday.

The unit has been running ok for the last 2 days but the ambient temps are going 100+ early next week so we woill see

Comment

Working...
      X