High Pressure Low and High side?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High Pressure Low and High side?

I am working on an OLD.....I mean OLD AD?? Condenser The complaint is its not keeping up when it gets humid outside......I put my gauges on it and i am getting 371 on high side and 115ish on the low side??? Seems to be Cool air blowing out though.....Any thoughts??? Thanks

Re: High Pressure Low and High side?

371 High side...lol

It better be 150 degree's outside to see that Head pressure.

Clean the condenser and verify that the CFM is spinning in the right direction.

It is not keeping up when it gets hot and humid because the compressor is cycling on it's internal overload.

Comment

Thanks Ill try it.......

Comment

Over charged?

Put simple both the high and low side are far too high. Is the 115PSI on the low side as low as it gets with the compressor running for a few minutes non stop? Did it take long for the high side to reach 370?

Bill has the idea about making sure both coils are clean and have good air flow, but I'm wondering if someone way over charged it too.

With the compressor off for say 1/2 hour what do you read on both sides? How long does it take once the compressor and fans are running for it to stabilize?

Comment

is the sight glass running clear?
          Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
          attributed to Samuel Johnson
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by Woussko View Post
            Over charged?

Put simple both the high and low side are far too high. Is the 115PSI on the low side as low as it gets with the compressor running for a few minutes non stop? Did it take long for the high side to reach 370?

Bill has the idea about making sure both coils are clean and have good air flow, but I'm wondering if someone way over charged it too.

With the compressor off for say 1/2 hour what do you read on both sides? How long does it take once the compressor and fans are running for it to stabilize?
            Sorry, I glazed over when I read that Head Pressure...LOL

It does sound like an overcharge...

Comment

Originally posted by BHD View Post
              is the sight glass running clear?

As can be.......Ill let you guys know tommorow whats going on!!!

Comment

We replaced the whole thing with a nice new American standard 13 SEER unit and cleanded the piston and orfice and she's blowing like the best of them now!!!

Comment

You kept the same old evaporator coil and metering device???

If so you are gonna have big troubles....

You have crippled your system capacity and will damage your new compressor.

13 SEER Condenser with an 8-10 SEER piston metered evaporator seriously reduces system capacity ( up to 50%) and will void every companies warrenty that I know of.

Install a TXV valve on that Evaporator Coil ASAP!!!!!!

Bill

Comment

Damn........I knew we should have I'll get on that tommorow ASAP thanks man!! I feel like an idiot...HAHA

Comment

No problem

Comment

Working...
                      X