Preference on hvac equipment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preference on hvac equipment

I'm plugging my way through classes on heating and air at the moment, Broadening my horizons again. Anyway, is there a marked difference between the major brands hvac equipment? are there some you'd flat out avoid?

and umm.. I know its a tall order, but i'm not looking for a debate to the magnitude of drums v. sectionals, just opinions minus the bloodletting.
    No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Re: Preference on hvac equipment

Goodman stinks

Everything else is OK to varying degrees (no pun intended)

Comment

correct installation is key. Brand does not matter has much. I have seen carrier infinty systems hacked in and work like crap. I have seen Goodman systems installed correctly and work like a charm.

Comment

i have a goodman. second. it works fine. you need a proper install. not the count to five rule. one the oldest and biggest hvac contractors around me told me i was wasting my time setting superheat. he has his people just dump gas in 1 2 3 4 5 shut it off. i didn't believe it when he told me. next job i watched. that's exactly what they did. i wondered how they got the jobs done so quickly. another is just hook it up and turn it on if cools go to go. you can't make this stuff up. when i put mine in my neighbor comes over asks what i'm doing. i showed him the paper work and notes on adjusting superheat. he tells me they didn't do that on his. oookkkk. he want to know if they should have. i told him get the name off of it and call the manufacture. man send out somebody else. they adjusted the unit. breid............

Comment

Originally posted by breid1903 View Post
          i have a goodman. second. it works fine. you need a proper install. not the count to five rule. one the oldest and biggest hvac contractors around me told me i was wasting my time setting superheat. he has his people just dump gas in 1 2 3 4 5 shut it off. i didn't believe it when he told me. next job i watched. that's exactly what they did. i wondered how they got the jobs done so quickly. another is just hook it up and turn it on if cools go to go. you can't make this stuff up. when i put mine in my neighbor comes over asks what i'm doing. i showed him the paper work and notes on adjusting superheat. he tells me they didn't do that on his. oookkkk. he want to know if they should have. i told him get the name off of it and call the manufacture. man send out somebody else. they adjusted the unit. breid............

Wait 5 second rule is now good anymore??? WTF I gotta get back into Mcdonalds

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonG View Post
            Wait 5 second rule is now good anymore??? WTF I gotta get back into Mcdonalds

I charge It " Beer Can Cold"

Comment

It's sad but that was a technical term in older edition's of Doolin's.
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by handybull View Post
                i charge it " beer can cold"
                aaarrrrrgghhhhhh i hate that phrase..,it is hackery at its worst!!!!!!!!
                Just slow, not stupid

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                  It's sad but that was a technical term in older edition's of Doolin's.

i STILL HAVE THAT BOOK THIRTY YEARS LATER.
                  Just slow, not stupid

Comment

Make sure the suction line is sweating back and charge her by amp draw

That is how my first boss did it... (Don't do this)

Superheat and subcooling is the only way to go.

Comment

Working...
                    X