Maytag IQ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maytag IQ

Has anyone had any experience with their A/C's and heat pumps? Their high SEER 22-24.5 and 12 yr parts and labor warr sounds attractive.

Re: Maytag IQ

A few thoughts...

--24.5 SEER ( Ultra high SEER) is typically not available in anything bigger then 3 ton (36K BTU) in Maytags case 2 ton . If you go to a 4-5 ton system which is more the norm for a residental system you will see the SEER drop Bigtime.. .

--Maytag 24.5 SEER @ 24,000 BTU is as good as they get. The more telling part of this is the fact that the EER on this system is still only 15

--The really telling part of this is that any Maytag System above 3 Ton and claim 20+ SEER cant even qualify tor the Stimulus Tax rebate due to the low EER ( must be @ or above 14EER and above 16 SEER to qualify for the $1500)

Looking at the numbers Maytag is trying to claim the highest SEER as a selling point but neglecting to tell you about the cruddy EER which is a better indicator of a systems worth IMO.

12 year parts no problem you still pay the labor the numbers will work in my favor (not saying this is the case just being a pessimist)

just my 2 cents
    Last edited by OkieBill; 08-26-2009, 05:36 PM.

Comment

2009/2010 Federal Energy Tax Credit Requirments

Air Source Heat Pumps >= 8.5 HSPF, >= 15 SEER & >=12.5 EER for split systems

I believe Maytag 12 yr warr covers parts and labor

Comment

Just curious....who is the maker of Maytag equip? Fedders used to make the Maytag window and wall crap, and mercifully went by the wayside.

Comment

Nordyne makes the equipment.

Labor is NOT covered under the 12 Year Parts Warranty http://www.maytaghvac.com/MTHVACwarr.asp

The bar for heat pump systems is set a bit lower but you still have the same problems as the straight A/C systems I mentioned in my last post...

By chance do you have any of the AHRI numbers for the rebate qualifing heat pump systems, I can't find any

Bill

Comment

This might be what you're looking for:

http://www.ahridirectory.org/ahridir...ages/home.aspx

Comment

Bill,

Thanks for reiterating the non-labor coverage of their 12 yr warr, which is a deal-breaker in my book.

Comment

Originally posted by killavolt View Post
                This might be what you're looking for:

http://www.ahridirectory.org/ahridir...ages/home.aspx

Thanks Killavolt, I use the AHRI site alot though I'm not the best at narrowing down my searchs..

I'm just having problems finding a maytag heatpump system that qualifies for the big tax break / rebate.

Comment

Working...
                X